Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > The Aftermath: Reboot

[WIP] The Aftermath II: The Blue Guardian

<< < (2/30) > >>

CT27:

--- Quote from: JSRNerdo on May 03, 2017, 09:04:38 pm ---Super excited, I can't wait!

Is there a meaning to the subtitle the blue guardian? Or will that have to remain a secret until it's released?

--- End quote ---

It's fairly important so I don't think we want to spoil it just yet. :)

herkie423:

--- Quote from: CT27 on May 03, 2017, 08:54:51 pm ---
--- Quote from: herkie423 on May 03, 2017, 08:38:15 pm ---

EDIT: I'm not sure whether I should post this in the "Missions and Campaign Releases" or not so just post it here.

--- End quote ---

Usually something is posted there when it's closer to release.  I think it's fine here.

A minor question:  should we put a 2 (or the Roman numeral II) after 'The Aftermath' in the title since this is a sequel?

--- End quote ---

I now combine it. Added a "II" in the title.

JSRNerdo:
What more can you reveal about Aftermath 2? Do we know the new protagonist's name and story or will we have to find out in the game?

CT27:
I've PMed Herkie and asked if I can make a 'teaser' posts that will reveal who certain characters in the campaign will be (the names I believe won't be spoilers).

herkie423:

--- Quote from: JSRNerdo on May 05, 2017, 10:39:10 pm ---What more can you reveal about Aftermath 2? Do we know the new protagonist's name and story or will we have to find out in the game?

--- End quote ---
I can't tell you just yet but I can say that it will have a twisting plot. In Aftermath I, it was straightforward, a strategic war campaign. But in part 2, it will be politically driven, it will involve an extremely personal issue which will be based on my actual life experience, it will introduce an enigmatic element with shocking results, and, finally, the story will seal the fate of the galaxies (plural) not just the GTVA.

You will encounter characters from the first story. John Richter for starters but he will no longer be our protagonist. I had alrrady hinted these characters in the first campaign. If you read between the lines, you will get the idea. Remember, Donald Esquire? He will be back.

In the first campaign, it was all about destroying things although there were many missions that involved tactics like cap ship command, commading tactical engagements, capture missions, scanning, tagging, stealth, the usual. This time, there will be more gameplay elements especially in a very complex storyline.

When I say "very complex storyline," I meant it literally. I myself is getting surprises while doing this. We have to be careful of not getting stuck in our web of ideas or confusing players most importantly.

EDIT: corrected the spelling "plotically." It is "politically." And the first words of the post. I had misunderstood JSR. Sorry. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version