Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > Inferno

Inferno CTDs

(1/2) > >>

Iain Baker:
Hi there!

I have been playing Inferno via Knossos. Great fun  :)  Unfortunately it appears highly unstable. I keep getting random CTDs (Crash-To-Desktop)s.

Anyone have any suggestions? If I were to attempt to fix it by by uninstalling and re-installing, would I lose my progress?

Please let me know if I need to provide any further info or if I should be posting this somewhere else.

Cheers :-)

FrikgFeek:
What build are you using? Have you tried running  a debug build? 'random' CTDs are usually not all that random.
Nightlies from the 18th to 28th of September will crash on the 2nd mission loaded when a warp effect is used.

Iain Baker:
Hi FrikgFeek, thanks for the heads up.

It looks like I am using 3.8.0-3. At the risk of sounding stupid, how do I access the debug builds via Knossos? IIR they were listed in WXLauncher, but do not appear to be imedialt visible in Knossos, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

NB - I am referring to Inferno Classic. Nostos worked great :-)

PIe:
Hover over the mod and click the dropdown area.  You should see options to view and upload the debug log.

Iain Baker:
Cheers :-) I tried that, but perhaps I did something wrong. I viewed the debug long. I tried to copy and paste it here, but apparently it is over 50,000 characters long so it couldn't be posted.  Apologises for sounding like a noob, but what am I supposed to do with the debug log? If I click on upload debug log a pop up box sating  'The most recent log was generated 68 days ago at 22:22:45. Is this when you encountered the problem?'

Should I click 'Yes, upload' to this? Is the '68 days ago' referring to the last time it was updated or similar?

Any advice greatly appreciated :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version