Author Topic: Wip  (Read 21590 times)

Offline Gank

Not fully done, needs a few bits added and changed on top and the underside hasnt been touched at all yet but starting to take shape.

Offline redmenace

vasudan fighter? interceptor.
it looks awesome.
High Poly Fighter.
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

I thought Mentu cruiser at first.  Then I thought Thoth.

In any case, it's a nice high-poly Vasudan thingy ;)

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
You people are stupid, aren't you.

Offline redmenace

no we are just special learners
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline Grug

• From the ashes...
lol

nice work Gank, cant wait to see the finished product :)

-Grug

Offline diamondgeezer

Um, beautiful model, but maybe a bit too similar to the Horus and Seth?

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by diamondgeezer
Um, beautiful model, but maybe a bit too similar to the Horus and Seth?

Um... he's trying to make a higher poly Seth... kind of like Bob's hi-poly Herc-I, or the Fenris, or Raptor's Aeolus (somewhat redux), or the RBC, or that Cerebrus sentry gun that someone was working on.

While we're on the subject of hi-poly FS ship remakes, I recently downloaded the .avi FS1 cutscenes from the server and noticed that the Arcadia in Ross 128 from the intro had some kind of fin extending from the bottom of the flat section, as well as several other poles and mast towers on the superstructure.  It occurs to me that someone with talent and time should take a stab at creating a hi-poly Arcadia that matches these images.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Janos

• A *really* weird sheep
People should play FS1. Really, really bad.
lol wtf

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
It's even flyable in a couple of FS2 missions.  Not cool folks, you should know your FS canon craft :p

On the topic of the model, the cockpit looks too slender for the Seth model.  I could be wrong, but I thought it had a huge bubble window on the front.

Oh, and Riveria Station had an experimental deflection grid of some kind (pre-shivan primitive shield) that it was testing.  It's always been presumed that those masts were there for that purpose as to not cause inconsistancies.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 12:52:08 am by 570 »
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
cut the hull lines in, they're big enough to deserve being modelled :)
edited ( removed something I know I would postpone and finally not do :p )
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 01:44:17 am by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by StratComm
Not cool folks, you should know your FS canon craft :p

yeah, i was suprised, too. i thought people had memorized whole missions, let alone know what every ship is. :no:
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
Hi poly Seth...what for:wtf:  in fight you don't see any details on him so what for create those ships they ony slows game. If you want do hi poli model take a cap ( Orion or Deimos ) not smal fighter:ick::ick:

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Originally posted by c914
Hi poly Seth...what for:wtf:  in fight you don't see any details on him so what for create those ships they ony slows game. If you want do hi poli model take a cap ( Orion or Deimos ) not smal fighter:ick::ick:

I'm not sure how much experience Gank has with modeling, but it has been advised to some new modelers that its best to pick something small to start with.  Such was the case with the buy modeling the Cerebrus (even though he called it Alastor, which was the FS2 sentry), who was new to modeling, so he started small to get a feel for it.  Of course, that doesn't explain Bob and his Herc-1, but he may be the exception.

Originally posted by StratComm
Oh, and Riveria Station had an experimental deflection grid of some kind (pre-shivan primitive shield) that it was testing.  It's always been presumed that those masts were there for that purpose as to not cause inconsistancies.

I was under the impression that a prototype shield was undergoing developpment there, but nothing to suggest that the station itself was equiped with said grid.  For something like that you would start testing with a small device in some cargo bay... kind of like those test in the cutscene with the captured Shivan unit.

Later!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 02:56:20 am by 1268 »
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline c914

• www.scfi.pl
I understand this
but my opinion abut hi poly model is that:
You want bulid hi poly something create a destroyer corvette but not fighter:mad2:. Why ? Becouse in missions there is much much more  fighters than caps ( sometimes;)  ).  
Soo what if herc will look very good but in mission you can put them more than 5 ( if you hasn't got super powerful mainframe ;p ) and you can't see any detail on them. ( Danube version 2:ick:  )
Soo what for:mad2:

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
with the HT&L source, it's supposed not to be a pb having high polys ships. As for not seeing the fighters well enough, well, some people don't play on a 14" screen and can see them very well :p
SCREW CANON!