Author Topic: Furies  (Read 40554 times)

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
I hate to break your party folks, but unfortunately, the front cockpit frame is right in front of the crosshairs...
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
True to form then :D

Ah well, not worth moving the pilot to fix that one.  I'll see how much the eye can be tweaked, but I suspect it's not very much.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

I always loved the Erinyes fighter, and with this kewl model ill love it even more ;).
But theres also a small problem...i dont see the texture of the pilot. I read somewhere that this texture should be in one of the media-vp's. I got the latest official ones from SCP 3.6.5, any hints?
Planet-Fiction.de - your Resource for SciFi-Games!

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
The textures are in the media vp's IIRC. They're not included with this model because they come with the perseus, Herc, Ares, and other models that use the cocpit...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Yeah, thats what ive read. But i got all media-vp's (at least i think so^^). Maybe an upgrade to the 3.6.6-media-vp's will help?

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Possibly. Do you have the HTL Persues?

You mean the one included in the SCP 3.6.5. release? If yes, then yes, ive got this one. But it sounds like you mean another one...

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The one with the cockpit, obviously.  I seem to recall doing some post-conversion work on it so there may be more than one version of the POF floating around, but there is still only one actual model and texture set.

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Well then no, mine has no cockpit. Is there a thread where i can DL this one?

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
The chances of that thread actually containing a live download are slim to none.  Get the media VPs (all but zpack, cell and music) from here and you should get the necessary files to see the cockpit maps on the Erinyes.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
oooor. We could simply give him the files, since he may not want his game alterred the way all of those packs do. (Lord knows I hate most of the new effects in them)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
meh. can't add attachments in edits...

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
mv_models.vp should have the needed textures but no new effects.
-C

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
It doesn't though. Both Glass and Thruster01 (which the perseus uses) are completely missing from both mv_models and mv_textures.

In fact I can find them in any of the VP files.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
For the Herc it does.

Thruster01 is in sparky_fs2.vp, I think, there's some issue as to how it was applied...the Perseus has always had texture issues.

As far as glass, IIRC that was just a all-transparent texture with about two pixels. Hmm, maybe dummy.pcx is supposed to be glass.pcx.
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
This doesnt use glass though, it uses goldglass wich has a different shinemap.
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Ypoknons

• Ancient
    • http://www.xwaupgrade.com
Get 3.6.6 media VP.
Long time ago, you see, there was this thing called the VBB and... oh, nevermind.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
me? I've got the 3.6.6 VPs downloaded them from the SCP site yesterday.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Well thanks Raa, that worked, now i see the pilot. THX!