Author Topic: HLP Card Game  (Read 16404 times)

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Unfortunately, the older HLP card game never got finished, so I'm going to make one from scratch.

Sooo...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU can be on a card, you just have to give reasonable feedback.  You need to say:

1. Representative Name - the name you wish to go by on the cards.

2. Skill / Knowledge / Power - skill beats knowledge, knowledge beats power, power beats skill.  -=REFER TO THE VALUE GUIDE=-

3. Power of Two of your Post Count - this MUST be true.  (find it next to the two on the side of your post) (the current highest is 14)

4. Representative Picture - this picture will represent you on the card.  don't make it overly long or tall.

5. Representative Colors - the card will be primarily these three colors.  in the case of odd colors, say the RGB value in percentages.

6. Description of Yourself - describe yourself.  this will appear on the bottom portion of the card.  the description must be under 300 words.

7. 1 to 3 Special Attributes - three things that make you stand out or be special.  be creative.

Refer to this Guide for your Attributes:
1. Take your post count's square of 2
2. Your total combined attribute values can NOT exceed that number's double
3. You can not have any one attribute go above your post count's square
4. You MAY have underpowered stats, just not overpowered ones.
EXAMPLE:
1. It's 8
2. It can't go above 16
3. I guess it would be Skill=7 Knowledge=6 Power=3
4. Ok

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF ANYTHING YOU SAY IS AGAINST THE RULES OR ABSURD, IT WILL BE CHANGED FOR THE WORSE!

MY EXAMPLE:
1. Dark Revenant
2. Skill - 7  Knowledge - 7  Power - 5
3. 9
5. Dark Blue (5%, 10%, 50%), Black, Electric Blue (10%, 20%, 100%)
6.  Dark Revenant was swept up in the HLP motion in 2004, and has been dealing public damage ever since.  He is never taken seriously, but can eventually say something correctly.  His computer does not like FS2, so it deletes everything that has to do with it.  This power can come in handy when trying to mess someone else up.
7. Game Creator, Insane, Young

This card game is going to be balanced (for an hlp game) and fun.  The problem is that I need members for the game.  The point of the game is to keep your "subforum" active by killing the other subforums.

Note: the given information is going to be formatted into the card/game structure so that it can have gameplay value,
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006, 02:43:10 pm by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
No replies?   :(
Come on, it's easy!

Also, I need a plain old HLP logo.  I can't find any.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Here's some example cards: (graphics are subject to change)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Major graphical update:  Now has the awesome bank gothic font.

Seriously, just type seven sentences please!  I need content!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Make your own content. :p Besides, it will doubtless be more amusing that way.

1. NGTM-1R
2. Skill - 9  Knowledge - 9  Power - 4
3. 11
5. Black, White
6. NGTM-1R can no longer remember off the top of his head when he arrived; he does remember it having to do with reinstalling his bootlegged copy of FS2, but he doesn't remember where he got that either. Though his behavior has been in general serious and taken seriously his faculty for dealing effective damage is a much more recent development; within the last year. He remains more interested in constructive FREDding then demolishing his foes...for the moment.
7. Only person to singlehandly make Kazan quit a thread, "testing, testing...HEY, IS THIS MISSION BROKE?"
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
If you seriously think that I will have anything to do with mathematics, the you're greatly mistaken. I can barely count my own age for chirst sake! Sorry, but thats the way it is. I made a promise to myself when I finished school, and I intent to keep that promise. :hopping:

j/k Or is it?
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Prophet: ?  I could make a list of possible options for you.  Pick one.

ngtm1r: Thanks... now if only fourty people would do that, I could make a deck.  I have a sickening idea for an ability for you.

I don't know the people enough to make my own content.  Also, it won't offend anyone if they make their own stats.  I still make up some of the stuff, such as the class, fame, bandwidth to play the card, the abilities, and some of the flavor text (it it's too long)

I finally thought of a name for the game: Flame Wars (of course with the FLAMEing hlp logo in the back)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 09:15:19 am by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
1. Prophet
2. Skill - 2  Knowledge - 10  Power - 1
3. Unavailable due to principles
4. (Too busy playing Cold Fear to dig up an appropriate pic)
5. Black, Grey, Blue
6. Has nearly unlimited knowlegde about things that are mostly meaningless. Never does anything meaningful, but likes to imagine so. When driven in to a corner works relentlessly and is capable of forcing himself to the extreme. But results are meager because of lack of skills and physical capabilities.
7. Spirit of god caught in a lazy body. Phobic about math.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
good.  Now we need 37 more.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Here's your cards.  I just need to make 37 more characters and some extra cards, then I'm good to go.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Haw. Another card game. :nervous:

1. Name: Cobra
2. Skill - 6  Knowledge - 9  Power - 8
3. 11
4:
5: Black, dark green, or white. (Damn, am I unimaginitive today.)
6. Cobra can't remember how he found HLP. The most likely reason hunting for MODs after exhausting Sectorgame and the Volition Watch Archives. Cobra has high hopes that he can somehow contribute to the community, and is therefore working on a campaign to do just that.
7. Pwned Charismatic in an April Fool's thread.

(What? I did. :nervous: )
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 04:57:18 pm by Cobra »
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I would really appreciate three colors, so I don't have to make up the third.  Every card consists of the three colors you choose, plus white and black for the text when neccesary.

The previous games either were erased from a crashed HD or stopped from a serious gameplay flaw.

1. Name: Dark Hunter
2. Skill - 5, Knowledge - 10, Power - 1
3. Rank: 8
5. Black, Purple, Blue
6. Dark Hunter is a quick learner who found HLP after hearing about Inferno. He learned table editing in three hours. Has built complete working stand-alone version of ITDOH ch3 SCP, separate from the official one, cause he was tired of waiting around for it. His campaign is forthcoming.
7.Intelligent, slightly lazy, cynical.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:25:14 am by Dark Hunter »
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Wow, power is becoming a rare commodity.

Code: [Select]
By the way, you make images by clicking the image button on the "insert image" button in the reply page.
Type the image link in between the [img] and the [/img]

Example: [img]http://umbra.nascom.nasa.gov/eit/images/eclipse/williams/eit_20010621_1238_304.jpg[/img]

That equals:

Offline Ferret

• A very hungry Fiona.
MY SKIN IT BURNS

Thanks, post fixed!
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Just a note:  The Image is scaled to completely fill the image box on the card.  The images will be zoomed in slightly.

Edit:  Cobra, your colors were pretty good.  It turned out nicely.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 05:25:37 pm by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
I don't know these forums enough to know stuff about everyone.  The form is easy; why isn't anyone (except those four that did) posting?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Probably a lack of interest.

you bastards hate HLP if you don't post your card here. :p
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
1-Cack Attack
2-Skill-8 Knowledge-5 Power-9
3-10

4-

5-black red
6-Evil shivan bred cactus with aspirations o world domination akin to plankton from squarepants spongenose whatever the cartoons called.
7-Power of spikes, Power of Running, Power of Railgun, Power of limited Psychic-psychotic control
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png