Author Topic: The 158th is hiring freders! 8/22/11  (Read 38639 times)

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Re: The 158th is hiring freders!
Should I wait for campaign demo instead? :D
Do you mean it's no good or do you want to take a look at multiple missions?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
I'd rather take a look at more missions. From this one I didn't understand anything plot-related.
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
ok
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline shiv

• Don't forget Poland!
  • FRED me!
    • http://freespace.pl
Okay. I played both missions and I've got some comments on them :)

@Dragonsniper: You have improved your fredding skills since your last appliance to join the team. I didn't understand anythign about plot in this mision. And I think that at this moment I can't let you in, because this wasn't enough, honetly. There wasn't any intelligent dialogue, very, very poor balancing and there weren't any backgrounds in the sky. Try to work on your plotline, dialogues and balancing and I think we'll let you in as soon as you improve your Fredding skills.

@Dilmah G: I was very impressed by the things you did in your mission. There isn't many endorian type missions that really rock. And your mission rocked. It was very well balanced, it's cool you used custom music. I can't find any bad points in this mission except a moment when Colly and Sathanas collided with themselves. But that's only a minor bug. I think that we need FREDder with skills like yours and if only Thessizler agrees, you're defineately in.
http://www.sectorgame.com/vega
The Apocalypse Vega - Join the battle! A campaign for FreeSpace 2 Open

http://www.game-warden.com/earthdefence
Earth Defense project - Coming soon...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Okay. I played both missions and I've got some comments on them :)
@Dilmah G: I was very impressed by the things you did in your mission. There isn't many endorian type missions that really rock. And your mission rocked. It was very well balanced, it's cool you used custom music. I can't find any bad points in this mission except a moment when Colly and Sathanas collided with themselves. But that's only a minor bug. I think that we need FREDder with skills like yours and if only Thessizler agrees, you're defineately in.

Also, I'll get right on that bug.  :lol:

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Here's the link to the demo. Hope the mission makes more sense now.  :)

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.469
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 01:25:34 pm by dragonsniper »
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Bump for we're still looking for FREDers.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Bump for we're in dire need of FREDers.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I suggest you go to the FRED Discussion board to recruit, too.

Also give some more details. How many missions need to be FREDded, in what style, is there any special knowledge that you need?
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Also give some more details. How many missions need to be FREDded, in what style, is there any special knowledge that you need?

Really, everything in the first post still applies. We are willing to forgo experience in favor of demonstrated ability or even creativity, though. Still, this is the only thread with that sort of post at the start that I can just bump until I've clarified to a point where I can post it elsewhere, too. :p

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ah, I wish I still had time to FRED. I already do jack**** for 99% of the projects whose badges I wear. :(

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Take a look at the FSCRP private board, there are campaigns waiting for playthroughs (not FRED edits). :)

Back on topic, as TopAce suggested, it'd be nice to create a new thread elsewhere. ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Infamus

Hey!

I've never acutally FREDed, but I do know my way around, especially with the SEXP's, I used that to figure out what I was doing wrong on a particular mission.

Also, I am quite artistic and if you tell me what system or planet a mission will take place next to I can get those BGs up real nice.

Furthermore, I have this thing about organization and not leaving things unfinished, so my briefing setup should be damn good. (SHOULD... arrr...)

If you don't believe me I can make a sample of wat I can do. or just send me what you want in one of your missions, and I'll set it up and send it back for review.

Grammar is not a problem for me btw. Although my forum posts do not suggest it.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Hey!

I've never acutally FREDed, but I do know my way around, especially with the SEXP's, I used that to figure out what I was doing wrong on a particular mission.

Also, I am quite artistic and if you tell me what system or planet a mission will take place next to I can get those BGs up real nice.

Furthermore, I have this thing about organization and not leaving things unfinished, so my briefing setup should be damn good. (SHOULD... arrr...)

If you don't believe me I can make a sample of wat I can do. or just send me what you want in one of your missions, and I'll set it up and send it back for review.

Grammar is not a problem for me btw. Although my forum posts do not suggest it.

Thanks for the interest! Could you try and FRED a quick mission, set in Aldebaran, in which the player's squadron attempts to capture a Vasudan supply convoy and send it my way?  :)

Offline Infamus

Thanks for the interest! Could you try and FRED a quick mission, set in Aldebaran, in which the player's squadron attempts to capture a Vasudan supply convoy and send it my way?  :)

which era? FS1, or FS2?
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Thanks for the interest! Could you try and FRED a quick mission, set in Aldebaran, in which the player's squadron attempts to capture a Vasudan supply convoy and send it my way?  :)

which era? FS1, or FS2?

Woop, sorry.  :p FS1 era. Pre-shivan to more precise.

Offline Infamus

sure thing, I might add a few custom weapons then.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
I think I can help. I know my way around SEXPs and tables, I'm average with cutscenes, can work out the mission chatter and variables. The only thing i totally suck at are briefings. But if you're looking for revolution in ideas, I'm your guy :D I started creating of racing campaign instead of combat solo, and I can see the use of it in a combat campaign too. Send a message if you're interested :)
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Do you by any chance need a composer? Or a sound-designer/engineer?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Do you by any chance need a composer? Or a sound-designer/engineer?

There are many projects that could use those skills. Toss up some samples.