Author Topic: You guys need a new fighter?  (Read 13335 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
You guys need a new fighter?
[glow=gold]NTF RAGNAROK[/glow]

"The NTF Ragnarok is a redesign of the GTF Loki done when several wings defected to the NTF. After initial victories and the capture of GTVA supply lines in Deneb, it became feasable for this to be done. NTF engineers corrected the stealth flaws in the original Loki, giving it the same capabilities as the Pegasus and Ptah fighters, while added manouvering thrusters on the dorsal and ventral weapon pods give it increased manouverability. These pods add another set of primary hardpoints and increase secondary bank capacity, making the fighter excellent for hit-and-run strikes. Ragnaroks are still fragile, however, and they still use the Loki's old Han-Roland GT1 powerplant for the more powerful guns, so proper energy management is a must."

That about covers it. :) I was inspired by the Masochist fighter in Sabrewing 2, and based  it off the Loki. Eight primaries, double the secondary bank size, more manouverability and stealth capabilities, with the same top speed. Cons are that it's hull is just as weak and the shields, afterburners, and weapons are underpowered. It's quite vulnerable to the Leech cannon.
Is this a feasable addition to NTV, late in the campaign? Something to compete with the advanced GTVA fighters later on. I need someone to UV map it, however. Any takers?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2002, 10:41:04 pm by 510 »
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
ABAGHAR! GABBLE ROOFTEE!!! :eek2::eek::eek2:

Yes it is. In fact, we were already using Setekh's "Loki MK 2" with 10 gunpoints..but it's just a reskin. This will be much better. I take it! For Neo-Terra!

And yeah, there has been a lack of UV mappers around the community lately. Someone to do that would be nice. A lot. I'll mail them like 10 bucks or something. Promise!

:D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2002, 11:43:23 pm by 223 »
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Even better, buy them a NTF hat from the Store and ship it to them... :D
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
:eek: :eek2: :eek:

Nice work dude.. reminds me of a Tie Defender in an odd way.. :D

mmmmm sacreligous.... ;7
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
what kind of fighter did you have in mind?

ninja?  kung-fu?

j/k :)

very nice GE :D

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
OK, I'm also contributing this to Twisted Infinities as I've always been a part of F2S. LODs, debris and thrusters are operational and Vasudan Admiral is going to UV map it. I'll do the textures myself then release it to both projects. :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
nice :0

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
What sort of a texture were you planning on putting on it? For TI we'll need one almost identical to the original Lokis due to our significantly different story about the fighter, but for NTV you'll probably want something to differentiate the two fighters...We can redo it for ourselves if need be though.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Don't worry, I'll use something very close to the Loki. I'll see what I can cook up once I have the maps.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I doubt the NTF would have time to do a new paint job anyways :nod: More of a desperate "hey, stick these things on and add some extra guns too" thing.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
lol... sounds good :)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Update: The Ragnarok is mapped but not skinned. It's the first thing on my to-do list when I come back in January. :D

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
W00t, I say!
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Nuclear1

EDIT: nm
« Last Edit: December 16, 2002, 02:20:32 pm by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Oh dear :ick
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Consult a physician.

It shouldn't look like that.

(Assuming you don't browse among others)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Knight Templar
Consult a physician.

It shouldn't look like that.

(Assuming you don't browse among others)

aw right... sorry.... post edited
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Ugh. The only way I can skin this is with a Loki cut-and-paste hacking in MS Paint. I don't know how to do anything in Photoshop or Photo-Paint.
Who should I give this to?

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
well, i already have what's needed, and i know how to use psp. (did the proteus) so let me do it :)
btw, when i offered to do it i thought it included making the maps anyway :D so it's not as if i'd be signing on for extra :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
actually, it would have been extreemly hard to get the textures right on the map i gave you. the lokis are slightly different in sizes and shapes etc, so manipulating them would have been close to impossible.
anyways,

it's pretty much done i think. expect it soon :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities