Author Topic: RELEASE: Warzone SCP v2.3.2 (Beta version)  (Read 34430 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: RELEASE: Warzone SCP v2.3.2 (Beta version)
now i see "beta" in the title, and i usually avoid non-final releases.  is this one stable enough that i should be able to just play through it?
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Yes, this release mainly corrected problems with the previous release.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
I hate to be seen to commit thread necromancy (Though I do dearly love the black robes, skull-candles and pentagrams inscribed with runic symbols depicting threads long dead), but I just thought I'd ask if any luck was had in tracking down the last voice actor and getting it finished?

Is there an ETA? I get the feeling since this is part of the Derelict continuity (Undoubtedly one of my favourite campaigns) that I might be best to wait for it to recieve it's full polish before playing, but I am eager to do so.
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

If you're just missing one actor and it's a role I could fill, I'd gladly do it.  I have samples up in the VA forum and my credits include the GTC Duke and GTC Fortune in Blue Planet. 
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
If you're just missing one actor and it's a role I could fill, I'd gladly do it.  I have samples up in the VA forum and my credits include the GTC Duke and GTC Fortune in Blue Planet. 

PM Tinman he's looking for a voice actor to do Admiral Cole.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Heh.  Just sent the PM to him, and then decided to look through my old messages.  Only then did I see one from him and realize that I'd already VAd for Warzone; I voiced the Equinox for all of one line.   :lol:
"Courage is the complement of fear.  A fearless man cannot be courageous.  He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

The download links for this are not working.  Can anyone link me to a working mirror?

Also any word on the voice acting for this?  This is my first time playing through this campaign and I wouldn't mind doing it with a 95% completed dialogue, MS Anna can do the rest.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 04:07:21 pm by LOA--Paul »
how do i shot gun???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
****! Why do you people insist on posting about things that have shown no progress for months or years!?

Obviously there's been no word, otherwise you'd have seen it!
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

****! Why do you people insist on posting about things that have shown no progress for months or years!?

Obviously there's been no word, otherwise you'd have seen it!
Well I posted about it because the download links are broken.  I guess I should've known nobody is ever supposed to enjoy it ever again because it's old.  I'll stop looking for these files then.

It's no wonder why whenever I show someone the retail FS2 and then tell them about how it's being upgraded they like the screens and vids I show them, get put off by the user banter on these forums.   Maybe I should've lurked more before I returned or sent anyone over here.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:02:26 pm by LOA--Paul »
how do i shot gun???

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
What pissed me off was you asking about voice acting when clearly nothing has been said about it for a year and a half.

Now, I have Warzone on my hard drive, but I'm not sure if it's 2.2 or 2.3.2.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
 :rolleyes:

Guys...

Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

What pissed me off was you asking about voice acting when clearly nothing has been said about it for a year and a half.

Now, I have Warzone on my hard drive, but I'm not sure if it's 2.2 or 2.3.2.
You seriously got pissed off from that?  Someone said that it was 95% done so I assumed the files were up somewhere.  I guess I'll keep my mouth shut next time. 

I have the original warzone that came with 3.6.10 installer, will just use that until something further is released to a DL site about this I guess.
how do i shot gun???

Lets not start a flame war in this thread.  I can provide the answers you seek.  The voice acting of Warzone was completed.  I don't know exactly when it was completed.  The campaign needs to go through the final testing stage before it can be released.  The problem is that the FSCRP is currently having a large bout of inactivity.

I cannot say for certain when the voice acted version of the campaign will be released.  I'll upload the campaign to mediafire for you.  The link will be posted when the upload is complete.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:05:51 am by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Cyborg17

• Life? Don't talk to me about life....
The campaign needs to go through the final testing stage before it can be released.
How/What needs to be tested?

I've finished uploading the campaign to mediafire.  It is the same version that the original download link would have given you.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?248wvz1y947yu96

Could someone with moderator privileges please add this link to the first post.

EDIT: To answer Cyborg 17's question, the campaign needs a thorough play through or two to ensure we didn't miss anything.  I know for a fact that there are some grammatical and spelling errors that still need to be fixed.  I also think there might be one bug still in there somewhere but I can't be sure.  That's everything that I can recall offhand.  There might be additional things that need to fixed or changed
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:05:17 am by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, Cobra, that really wasn't an appropriate response.  There's nothing wrong with asking an innocent question about something that hasn't been updated in this long.

LOA, I'm sorry to hear that people you've sent over here have been turned off by what they saw.  We try to make it a point to have this be a good environment for newbies, so something obviously went wrong there.  Do you happen to know what areas of the forum they were reading?

I'll throw that link in the first post, Aurora.  If you need a hand with the final testing, I'd be willing to help; I'd really love to see this finally released myself. :)

Offline Cyborg17

Awesome.  I'll play through it a few times and be on the look out for those things.  If it really is 19 missions long, then it will probably take me about 2 days or so to play through it well enough.

EDIT: I can't extract the .7z for some reason.  It gets to a certain point and then quits on me.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:32:17 am by Cyborg17 »

The beta version I uploaded isn't the latest version.  In order for the testing conditions to be proper you would need the latest version.

I'm not sure why the 7zip file isn't working properly.   I tested it on my end and it unzipped fine.  The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the latest version of 7zip.

I've uploaded a version of the Warzone campaign compressed in the winzip format.  Let me know if you can open it.

Here is the link to the winzip archive: http://www.mediafire.com/?3lrx3q7oqtt93ll
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 01:13:17 am by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Cyborg17

It unziped and threw up a couple warnings.  I'll try to get through it anyway and tell you if I come up with any problems.

EDIT: Tried to set it on the launcher and the launcher crashed.  Alzip was telling me that a bunch of files were corrupted, and I guess it was a good idea to listen.   Does it work on your end before you zip them?

EDIT2:  Nevermind, Alzip was throwing a hissy fit.  Used another program and it seems to be fine.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 03:03:42 am by Cyborg17 »

It unziped and threw up a couple warnings.  I'll try to get through it anyway and tell you if I come up with any problems.

EDIT: Tried to set it on the launcher and the launcher crashed.  Alzip was telling me that a bunch of files were corrupted, and I guess it was a good idea to listen.   Does it work on your end before you zip them?

EDIT2:  Nevermind, Alzip was throwing a hissy fit.  Used another program and it seems to be fine.

Make sure you fix the mod.ini to use the latest mediavps.  I forgot to make the change before I uploaded the files.