Author Topic: What's new?  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Great, the only thread in the forum gets locked... :doubt: Bad Thunder, no cookie.

Anyways, why not let us in on the latest developments? What's the plot, what new ships, what new weapons, whatever. Give us all something to lust after!

And on a side note, the Reply/New Topic buttons are switched. Again. :sigh:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
OK, in a nutshell... (Just be warned, my nuts are very big (and boy did that come out wrong :p ))

Neo Terra Victorious is a new Campaign for Freespace 2 where the basic gist should be quite obvious - the Neo Terran Front was never defeated, but instead won in the early stages of their rebellion. Telling you how would be dangerous to my health, but I can say it will probably be unexpected for the majority of you.

NTV will definitely be featuring mods, some of which are finalized and finished, others of which are only theoretical. Some of the details can be found here.

That's pretty much it for what I can tell you now, although I will be pushing for a demo release of Act 1 in the near future. Any more specific questions can be posted in this thread and I'll do my best to answer them.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Great Frollicking Llamas! That link is wrong... try this one.

You also have angelfire banner popups going on there... not only is that annoying... but I dont think gamespy would be happy.

Otherwise... this sounds like a good idea! Considering the GTVA's massive weapon in a PoS, the entire GTVA government should be a pushover to destroy.
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I got a gamespy pop up, but we shouldn't even be getting them by rights :(. I'll look into it asap, but I might have to wait for Alikchi to get back to actually fix it. Thanks for that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2002, 04:35:55 am by 302 »
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
We're supposed to have a banner or pop-ups, I think, that's what Gamespy said in the mail anyways. I'll get Thunder's attention, though. I don't think we should have pop-ups, just a banner - which we don't have.

Oh, by the way, I'm back :nod:
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Oh yeah, and Act I is about 50% complete, missionwise. I'm trying to leave the actual missions vague, with a few spots open, so that we (that being the entire staff :p) can do what we want. The mods are mostly done except for a special little thing that will be important.
Overall, though, progress is good.
"Going too far and caring too much about a subject is the best way to make friends that I know."
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Alright, my question is that Bosch's NTF was a smokesscreen for ETAK, nothing more.

How does *he* handle winning? He'd be surprised that the NTF actually managed to do what it was told to do...

Honestly I could see the plotline where the true Neo-Terran idealists realise they were used by Bosch and try to oust-him.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Originally posted by Black Wolf
I got a gamespy pop up, but we shouldn't even be getting them by rights :(. I'll look into it asap, but I might have to wait for Alikchi to get back to actually fix it. Thanks for that.

those are 404s, i checked the code and it said
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
I'll fix the code now.
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Originally posted by Ace
Alright, my question is that Bosch's NTF was a smokesscreen for ETAK, nothing more.

How does *he* handle winning? He'd be surprised that the NTF actually managed to do what it was told to do...

Honestly I could see the plotline where the true Neo-Terran idealists realise they were used by Bosch and try to oust-him.

ETAK plays into it also. Let's say Bosch discovers more than he was looking for when he finds the Knossos.
As I see it, the Shivans came shortly after Bosch opened the Knossos, no? That's what "summoned" them. Seeing as the knossos and the nebula were probably Ancient stuff, the Shivans were monitoring them, in a way. Fighting on two fronts would definitely be hard for the NTF, so the only real way he could win..blah, I'll be quiet.

And as for the Neo-Terran idealists..they get dealt with, too. I really don't want to say, though; I've already said too much. One of the best things about doing the NTF is that some people will have joined the NTF because they're fighting for their state, planet, system, and may not agree with the anti-Vasudanism at all.

Oh, and the website code should be fixed, checking it now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2002, 02:54:11 am by 223 »
- Sarah Vowell

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Hey, welcome back!
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline adwight

• Neo-Terran
  • Go Gators!
Ya, welcome back too...  I'm still working on that one mission, it's a bugger to get it to go right :)...

BTW the site works great...
Neo-Terra Victorious

The Lightning Marshall

158th Banshee Squadron

Gay people are rejects who can't get girls. Period. -DragonClaw
Can I have sex with it yet? -KnightTemplar

Offline Alikchi

• Neo-Terran
  • Spooky ghost (RIP)
Check the Updates thread for..uh, updates. Yeah, that's the ticket.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2002, 07:34:19 pm by 223 »
- Sarah Vowell