Author Topic: Petition to Add Power Usage to Primary Weapons Template  (Read 1579 times)

Offline SypheDMar

• Student, Volunteer, Savior
    • Minecraft
Petition to Add Power Usage to Primary Weapons Template
Hello everyone,

So I was looking at the GTW Disruptor, GTW D-Advanced, and GT(Why?)W Akheton SDG earlier today. I started reading the Veteran Comments, and I noticed that there were comments on how demanding the Akheton SDG was. While I can check the .tbl entry to see what the values are, it would be time-consuming for me if I had to do it every time I wanted to find out how much power was needed to fire such a weapon. It would be simpler to just have it on the Wiki page.

Is there a reason why it shouldn't be on the Wiki? If not and no one objects to the proposal, let's give a go-ahead to the community to edit the template and add in the values for each weapon.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: Petition to Add Power Usage to Primary Weapons Template
What would be ideal, is the critical performance table values for each weapon, and then calculations to determine effective damage & energy values on a per-pulse/projectile basis, as well over a base-line time frame to compare for example, beams where one has higher damage factors, but another has a longer beam duration and quicker fire interval.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

I'm all for more information on the Wiki :yes:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Not sure this needed a petition.. it's a Wiki. Add information in a way that doesn't frick up the existing pages and it'll always be for the better.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Not sure this needed a petition.. it's a Wiki. Add information in a way that doesn't frick up the existing pages and it'll always be for the better.

QFT. Yes, the wiki has admins and a few more frequent editors, but what we do is mostly streamline and tweak stuff - we don't set policy or anything. Be bold, make the changes, and if they're good, they'll stick.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp