Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > The Modding Workshop

Moving lights on a model possible in FS ?

(1/1)

Jouzin:
Hello guys.
Is something like this possible to do in the FSO engine ?   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57mAeNWTKZ0
I did this in the past for some other game and I did it via UV offset animation.
But I am not sure this is possible in FSO too.  To have a moving lights on ships.
But from last video I saw 2 days ago by @ShivanSpS   https://youtu.be/woNv-HJ8dN4?t=945   If you look at that Ravana looks like it is possible

EatThePath:
This is entirely doable, but maybe not in the way you'd expect.

If I saw this effect in a game I would assume a shader doing something, like the UV scrolling you mention or some other time-driven effect. In FSO you could potentially force in a custom shader to make that possible, but the standard way is to in fact just have an animated glow texture. That gives you a considerable amount of flexibility with the effects you can create, but you have to set up your ship carefully or  you can make for some very memory heavy textures.

Jouzin:

--- Quote from: EatThePath on June 02, 2023, 08:30:47 am ---This is entirely doable, but maybe not in the way you'd expect.

If I saw this effect in a game I would assume a shader doing something, like the UV scrolling you mention or some other time-driven effect. In FSO you could potentially force in a custom shader to make that possible, but the standard way is to in fact just have an animated glow texture. That gives you a considerable amount of flexibility with the effects you can create, but you have to set up your ship carefully or  you can make for some very memory heavy textures.

--- End quote ---

Aha thank you for the reply.
Will check the option via that Glow texture animation.

PeterX:
You may use the EFF animations for moving lights as on Shivan ships  allready have.

PeterX:
I forgot to say. Make some textures of your own with different glowing and then put it together in ortder of your wish via EFF scrript.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version