Author Topic: RELEASE: Warzone  (Read 39799 times)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
At any rate, Mongoose, Derelict is only being considered, and we'll have PLENTY of time to consider it in the future.  The FSCRP has two campaigns still in progress, and two more we're putting the finishing touches on, so Derelict isn't something we're going to be touching for a while yet.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
1) I summon a moderator to split this thread, Warzone and Derelict are two, separate campaigns;

2) As Admiral Nelson said, although Blaise's efforts to upgrade Derelict SCP are amazing, there still are a few issues here and there. Also, trying to have a set of various voices is not a bad thing.

Further Derelict upgrades should not be interpreted as a way to disrespect Blaise Russel and the rest of the Derelict SCP team as they're the opposite - a way to boost their efforts even more.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'll drop this line of discussion as well to respect the topic of the thread, but I will say that I've heard plenty of professionally-dubbed works (primarily anime) which feature any number of repetitive voices for bit roles.  It's practically an industry standard to have your main cast voice at least one or two tiny roles during the course of a series, to the point where some shows turn into a game of "spot-the-VA." :p

Offline Alpha1

Hi, i'm searching for the fixed vp so i can win the mission "northwest passage", but the attachements are all stolen by Goober :(
Where to find it? I downloaded the files from Freespacemods a few days ago an the mission is not winnable. The file seems to be from last year, as are the others on the alternate mirrors.

ps: All of U working on FS2, a big Thanks. Its a lot of fun. I never dreamt of still playing that game, when I bought the game so many years ago ;)

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
What exactly is the problem?
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline Alpha1

The Problem is, that this mission (Northwest Passage) is not winnable... I accomplished all objectives but i can't accept the mission outcome, because i "failed" the mission. This bug was mentioned in the beginning of that topic and a fixed vp was released, but the attachement was deleted some time ago. No I am searching for the patch :)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Final Duel's like that too.
What about the missing Vidar textures, not even the rereleased Warzone has them.

Offline NathanP

'Fraid not.

Warning: Couldn't find goal name Convoy in mission WarzoneE2M1.fs2.
Returning false for goal-true function.
File: sexp.cpp
Line: 10937

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0084a82a()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0084a0db()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 00824441()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0084a7a8()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0082e218()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0084adbf()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0085fca1()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 00ac6b35()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0073bcf6()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 00950656()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0073a836()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 00950c28()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0073de88()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 0073e11e()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081213_r4993.exe 00c915e6()
------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this immediately after completing the mission wherein
Spoiler:
the player is tasked with protecting the convoy going into the Knossos subspace portal.

When I clicked "No" on the error box to continue to the debriefing, everything looked peachy because I was able to complete all the objectives. But when I go on to continue to the next mission, the game gives me the "You have failed a mission cannot proceed blah blah" message.

I hate it when campaign bugs slip through.

OK, until such time as a fixed VP is posted, place the attached file in warzone\data\missions to apply the fix.  It should resolve the issue.

[attachment stolen by Slimey Goober]

Any chance of the file being reposted??

Raskolnikov

The original .vp download link has probably been updated with the fix.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Definitely - Admiral Nelson oftentimes updates the files. The most recent version should be fine. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline NathanP

Definitely - Admiral Nelson oftentimes updates the files. The most recent version should be fine. :)

I don't want to cause offence to anyone but the FSmods.net link still downloads the original file from december, can we please have a link to the updated file or patch, I want to finish the campaign in FSO

Offline Vrets

I'm also stuck on "Northwest Passage." Original .vp hasn't been updated.

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.

Yes, I was on a business trip for 7 weeks, and did not complete all the changes listed in this thread and elsewhere.  I have still some feedback to incorporate into a final final Warzone.  This should be done this weekend.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline NathanP

Yes, I was on a business trip for 7 weeks, and did not complete all the changes listed in this thread and elsewhere.  I have still some feedback to incorporate into a final final Warzone.  This should be done this weekend.

No worries on the business trip - i can wait - replayed the retail campaign and the aeos affair instead, :D thanks for all the hard work :yes:

:bump:
I'm also stuck on "Northwest Passage." Original .vp hasn't been updated.

Yeah I'm having the same issue.  Has the fixed vp file been uploaded?

EDIT: The link on the first page for filefont is a dud.  Goes straight to filefont's main page.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:38:14 pm by Aurora Paradox »

Offline Siddyus

Where is the fix? I am still stuck in the northwest passage. Damn it. :(

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
As far as I know, it's being tested.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Siddyus

Oh okay my bad. Man.. i am already enjoying the warzone campaign so much. Gonna download another campaign. Looking forward for the fix.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm sorry for the delay. Looks like that FREDding is much faster than testing, so progress on several campaigns is somewhat halted. That's why I posted this.
The Lightblue Ribbon

I'm getting a missing ship model error or something for two missions involving cargo. They appear as Ulysses class fighters instead...I'll edit in the mission names ASAP.

EDIT: Its "Myths and Legends" and the mission immediately following.
I shat all over that Shivan fighter....right up 'till his buddy got me.