Author Topic: Capital ship battles.  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Herkkis

Capital ship battles.
Do you have any tips how to make them "effective"? Usually the capships do retarded manouvers and don´t fire all their weapons. It´s a bit disappointing  :p

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Re: Capital ship battles.
well if you just set both capships to initial oders "attack" in FRED they do behave stupid...

if you want mor sophisticated battles you have do a little more...  best is you do create a waypoint path (or two) in FRED for the combat movements of the ships... the more maneuvers etc. you want the more waypoints you need...

if you want certain ships to fire their weapons at certain time that is relatively easy... just use the events editor of FRED and toy around with the operator category "Beams & Turrets"...

It needs a lot of expermients to make decent cap-ship fight ... but if you see the result it will be worth it I can promise
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."