Author Topic: Crusade Render  (Read 4303 times)

Offline Warlock

• Death Angel
    • Holocron Productions
Then you missed about ummmm 99% of the concept. The entire show was based on searching for a cure to the Shadow Virus.

I mean what...you expected the Shadow war part 2?  

Although I do agree about the continuity. But if i recall TNT was running things by then.
Warlock

DeathAngel Squadron, Forever remembered.

Do or Do Not,..There Is No Spoon

To Fly Exotic Ships, Meet Exotic People, and Kill Them.

We may rise and fall, but in the end
 We meet our fate together

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com

Originally posted by an0n:
Crusade blew.

It was sooooo discontinuous. There were hardly any (if any) battles. The acting was sub-par and the SFX were sub-standard at best.
Of course Crusade blew. It was first season. Bab5's acting was pretty bad first season as well. The SFX were of as high a quality as Bab5's last season, though. Discontinuous? Absolutely. TNT forced JMS to show it out of the intended order. How could it be properly continuous?

How the hell did they go from that to Crusade in such a short time? Were they on crack when they wrote it (directed it / filmed it / advertised it)...
This is what happens when you let Ted Turner get his hands on the reins of a show. The network forced JMS to have more fist fights and less exposition. Character development was axed in favor of tacking minutes on to bar room brawls.

Is it any wonder it wasn't Babylon5? Please. Not even Babylon5 lived up to Babylon5. They even screwd that up by collapsing large plot arcs from 2 years down to 1.

All in all, with what they had, what they were allowed to do, and the sacrifices the were forced to make just to get that little bit on the air, they did a damn good job.

------------------
--Mik
http://www.404error.com
ruhkferret on ICQ/AIM

"Your guy was a little SQUARE! You had to use your IMAGINATION! There were no multiple levels or screens. There was just one screen forever and you could never win the game. It just kept getting harder and faster until you died. JUST LIKE LIFE." --Ernie Cline
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I hated Sinclair. His eyebrows are just not right.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/

Originally posted by an0n:
His eyebrows are just not right.

if his eyebrows bother you, then you probably couldn't handle star trek.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Man, some of your criticisms are pathetic.  Not enough battles?  Complaining about an actors EYEBROWS for godsakes!

There's more to these shows then just these things and there is a hell of a lot of work that goes into them.  Sure if its aweful its really aweful, but regardless, there is a purpose, a point and a positive result from nearly everything.

But instead you guys go looking for the black clouds in the silver lining.  Figures.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?

Originally posted by IceFire:
Man, some of your criticisms are pathetic.  Not enough battles?  Complaining about an actors EYEBROWS for godsakes!

There's more to these shows then just these things and there is a hell of a lot of work that goes into them.  Sure if its aweful its really aweful, but regardless, there is a purpose, a point and a positive result from nearly everything.

But instead you guys go looking for the black clouds in the silver lining.  Figures.

bah, B5 never shçwn in France apart on a pay channel I don't have. Sob (tho they shown the movie with the excalibur, the dreams thinguy and the shadow cloud used by drakhs, I have it on tape)

SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions

Originally posted by venom2506:
bah, B5 never shçwn in France apart on a pay channel I don't have. Sob (tho they shown the movie with the excalibur, the dreams thinguy and the shadow cloud used by drakhs, I have it on tape)

Me neither... *sigh* But hey, Morpheus is good! Me's downloaded a couple of hundred-or-so-meg eps already!  
- Eddie Kent Woo, Setekh, Steak (of Steaks), AWACS. Seriously, just pick one.
HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS, now V3.0. Bringing Modders Together since January 2001.
THE HARD LIGHT ARRAY. Always makes you say wow.

Offline Nico

• Venom

Originally posted by Setekh:
Me neither... *sigh* But hey, Morpheus is good! Me's downloaded a couple of hundred-or-so-meg eps already!  

I got some on kazaa, but the video compression is really crap.

SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Hmm, well, while mine aren't crash hot, they're still acceptable. But I'm pretty easy, so your standards for compression quality might be higher than mine   How big are your forty minute eps coming out as? Mine range from 120-320mb each, yourself?

Offline Nico

• Venom

Hmm, well, while mine aren't crash hot, they're still acceptable. But I'm pretty easy, so your standards for compression quality might be higher than mine   How big are your forty minute eps coming out as? Mine range from 120-320mb each, yourself?

i have only a coupple left: first episode 118 mb; and the other one must lack the end, it's only 12 minutes long, about 36 mb.

SCREW CANON!

Offline Setekh

• Jar of Clay
    • Hard Light Productions
Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. If only they'd used DivX... DivX rocks.  

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
They're showing it one UK Channel 4 at like 3am. I've figured out why it's so crap: The captain dude is a crap actor and the character is an *** -hole. (also there isn't enough ship-ship fighting for my liking)
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

Yeah, I guess I know what you mean. If only they'd used DivX... DivX rocks.  

Heh, whenever I hear that, I think of Penny Arcade..

Offline LAW ENFORCER

• Turret Fiend
    • http://www.armouredstar.com
I saw some a while ago, I remember some thing about a box, with yellow glowing... what was in there? or was that sometihng else?
Conflict GRDLA:
Operation Return To Riker
www.ARMOUREDSTAR.com - the latest site is not finished yet!
[What we have here is the source to the Freespace ENGINE, not the Freespace GAME. By allowing the ENGINE to support all kinds of cool stuff, we're allowing the creation of all new GAMES] - TurboNed