Author Topic: Multiplayer Setup Instructions  (Read 36528 times)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Multiplayer Setup Instructions
This is what I have in my config file.  Can't guarantee that it's correct but it's what I've been using.

fs2netd.game-warden.com

You can try it without PXO checked to eliminate that. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
ok i found a solution , dont know if its acceptable though so please some one tell me,

i changed my fs-open 3.6.9 to the one that i run in FS , it has the same version number but not the same date, this works i can run the game when logged in , no crashes,

i also tried the btrl 3.6.9 this crashed and burned as well ,

what is the difference between this one (3.6.9 2007-11-29 and this one 3.6.9 2008-2-21)
the first one is in my fs folder and works with tbp on multi and the second is the one that tbp3.4b installs and doesnt work for me .......

do i post this on mantis?

thanks in advance

;) :D ;) :D ;) :D
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
If the BtRL build is crashing but not 3.6.9 Official then I'll want to know more about it as I barely touched the multiplayer code. Add it to Mantis and assign it to me. I'll want to know exactly which mission is crashing and when and where so I can reproduce it.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline captain-custard

ok two quick things ,

having a problem with mantis , it doesnt send me a password ............

also i should make it a bit clearer, i do not hae a problem playing btrl in single player or multi it works fine,
 i just read earlier some where here that the btrl 3.6.9 and the tbp3.4b 3.6.9 were the same and i just tried to use the btrl one to launch tbp with but it reproduced the same effect..........

i launch;
 try to play a multiplayer online  "alone"   and then crash if i choose a mission and accept, i get the hacked tables etc , ur playing alone etc......... then crash if i try to continue

this is the debug msg i get......................

Assert:strlen(msg_extra) <(CHATBOX_STRING_LEN-2)

File:D:\C++\Freespace\fs2_open 3.6.9\code\MissionUI\Chatbox.cpp

Line:1053

my system is this...................

xp professional  sp2
french

system version 5.1.2600

running on an acer 9410 laptop,

im running this in the launcher...........

D:\Program Files\The Babylon Project\fs2_open_3_6_9_debug.exe
 -spec -glow -env -jpgtga -mipmap -nomotiondebris -2d_poof -missile_lighting -dualscanlines -targetinfo -orbradar -rearm_timer -ballistic_gauge -ship_choice_3d -3dwarp -warp_flash -tbp -snd_preload -no_set_gamma  -ambient_factor 65

myfs2 pxo.cfg says this.....

fs2netd.game-warden.com

sorry i posted here but couldnt get into mantis

thanks in adance hope this helps, just to say with the fs3.6.9 launcher it works but not sure if i can see other ppls games but i cant see them either with the tbp3.4b 3.6.9........

;) :D ;) :D ;) :D

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
having a problem with mantis , it doesnt send me a password ............

Turn off your spam filter.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline captain-custard

its not in my spam box either, een the worst spam in the world gets into my spam box , so i dont think its that, gmail is pretty good for that............

on another note , what are ur ip settings for tonite ,

fs2netd.game-warden.com

are you using this for the pxo cfg?

thanks

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Quote from: andicirk link=topic=52243.msg1055483#msg1055483
on another note , what are ur ip settings for tonite ,

I'll be supplying everyone with a pxo.cfg file so don't worry about it. :)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:25:00 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
  fs2netd.game-warden.com

to make this absolutley clear: YES IT'S CORRECT  :)
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
But why set these things up yourself when you can just download everything you need later. Be lazy. You know it makes sense.

Offline maje

Forgive my ignorance, but if I've added stuff to tables, will this screw up multiplayer?  (really the only thing that's been added is the "Light Burst" under weapons, and the brittlestar under additional shps, though that's Inferno Build).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Forgive my ignorance, but if I've added stuff to tables, will this screw up multiplayer?  (really the only thing that's been added is the "Light Burst" under weapons, and the brittlestar under additional shps, though that's Inferno Build).

brittlestar?

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Arrivals for the 8pm multiplayer session. Please check the first post of this thread for your one stop shop multiplayer download for the evening.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers

Back that stuff up.  You will be getting a new weapon and ship tables. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Everything you need is in the file in the first post of the thread.

Offline maje

kind of odd, but pasting Slade's file over the old one didn't do jack.  Still have issues saying no connection.  I know I screwed something up.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline captain-custard

cant see any game in servers , but can in fs2net !

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
You downloaded the self extracting zip in the first post? You turned off norton antivirus worm protection?

Offline captain-custard

yip and i wouldnt use norton even if they offered a free blowjob with every virus detection,
i could see your game up last night in fs2net but not on server list, ..............

Offline maje

turned off norton.

My bad about DL 3.4b  I misinterpreted it as having to DL the whole 3.4b installer.  Need to learn to correctly interpret what I read.  Figures. :doubt:

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Yeah. I'm not seeing anything either. Running wireshark now. Lets see if the packets are actually reaching me on another port or something stupid.

EDIT: Nevermind. Fubar's up.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 02:15:46 pm by karajorma »
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]