Author Topic: Descent x Bullet Hell  (Read 767 times)

Offline Firesteel

• Some Kind of Writer
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • YouTube Channel
Descent x Bullet Hell
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure where to put this, so I thought it's just general gaming, why not here? I thought I'd share what I've been working on for my senior capstone class in game design. It's as the title says, a six degrees of freedom game with patterns of projectiles to dodge. We shipped over the weekend and are up on itch.io. It's a student project so of course we have no money and had to build the entire game in six months part time. Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out even if I still have no idea how to be a great project lead.

One thing that many people seem to like is our general narrative and voice acting, the writing of which was heavily inspired by Freespace and the mods that you all have worked so hard on. That being said, I'll be the first to admit that the script itself was rushed and only had two real drafts, student life, am I right?

As a proof of concept that this old style of storytelling still works and can keep people engaged, I think I succeeded. There were some incredibly frustrating moments and team dynamics, but we got it out and it works well enough. I figured if there was any group who could honestly tell me what they thought of it, it'd be the place that inspired me and provided some of my favorite game experiences.

Cheers!

https://inure.itch.io/inure
Current Projects:

- Video Critiques of Freespace
- Re-learning FRED