Author Topic: Template: Fan-made Article  (Read 6996 times)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Re: Template: Fan-made Article
Please don't start this again. No... no...
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
It's not an offense...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
That explain what it is. You're widening the language gap that has already been referred to.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
He's been putting veiled insults in his sig for a while now. 'The lost respect', the critique of the HLP community in Italian...it goes on.

Mobius, the fact is that you don't come across as someone who believes himself equal to other members. You consistently enshrine your own opinions in the form of Wiki articles, attempted policy changes, and stentorian, demanding posts. While you largely keep those actions within the range of reasonable doubt, you often try to reinforce your own points of view by creating articles and threads about them in order to stir up attention. Moreover, instead of addressing criticisms people level towards you, you weasel out by acting holier-than-thou, calling them 'disruptive', and accusing them of threadjacking.

The whole issue with the FSU skybox is just one case where it took hours of effort to get you to express your opinion on a simple black-and-white choice because you knew that if you expressed an explicit opinion then you'd be unable to weasel away instead of admitting you were wrong.

Please don't start this again. No... no...

It would be one thing if it were only a small spectrum of members who found Mobius disruptive, but the problems he's been causing are not limited to Snail. While Mobius makes valuable contributions, his interpersonal skills (or lack thereof) are a genuine problem that needs to be addressed.

What I'm still trying to decide for myself is whether it's a language barrier issue, a personal issue we should be tolerant of, or something he genuinely should correct. My main point of concern is Mobius' consistent failure to admit when he's wrong on issues, followed by passive-aggressive backlash against those who he thinks have affronted him.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
It's just a way to point someone out as a person who always agrees with another. I don't understand how it can be offensive, really.

We're OT, anyway.

EDIT: Oh please, not that again. Policy changes? An invitation is not a policy change. It's an invitation and nothing else - the fact an administrator interpreted mine as a policy change and locked that thread doesn't mean that I wanted to pretend a radical change.

Seriously, I'm quite sick of dealing of people who pretend to understand my actions more than I do. It doesn't make sense, and I don't know how this can happen. Language barrier? Will to make me look as a totally disruptive person for nothing in return? A cheap way to "win" an argument  I don't know, I don't want to know.

All I know is that recently my attempts to help the community have been interpreted as disruptive actions by people who think that Mobius is here to dominate and put his own opinions to a superior level.

This is not true!

I understand the lesson. I don't have to do that again, for the sake of the whole community.

Indeed.

Based on the consensus of three admins and a couple of global moderators, Mobius is hereby monkeyed and permabanned from the wiki.

Ok, then what about the contribution I was trying to make now? Are they lost? Ok.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:05:03 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Want me to split the thread?

I'm sure we're all aware that you'll just duck out instead of doing anything mature like apologizing or admitting you were wrong on any issue.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
It's just a way to point someone out as a person who always agrees with another. I don't understand how it can be offensive, really.

He had no way of knowing what that word means. You cannot expect everyone to look up the Latin/Whoknowsofwhatorigin words you're using every time they reply to you. See? That's another kind of language gap, and it's not about using the wrong word or sentence structure to explain yourself; it's one you have complete control over. If that post had been direct at me, I would also have presumed it to be a kind of offensive remark.

Want me to split the thread?

I'd split and close it. There's no way this discussion could end well.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 01:04:27 pm by TopAce »

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Indeed.

Based on the consensus of three admins and a couple of global moderators, Mobius is hereby monkeyed and permabanned from the wiki.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Can I ask, why? Is it his attitude, or his contributions?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Both.  Just read Battuta's post.  He has a long history of passive-aggressive disruption.  And note that the three different admins became frustrated with his behavior in three different places, so it's a widespread problem.

Template deleted, and thread locked.  As I said in the wiki changelog, there might be a good idea in there somewhere, but we need to reset things.  If someone wants to propose another similar template, he should start a new thread and we'll discuss it without prejudice.