Hosted Projects - Non-FreeSpace > StarShatter Open Source Project

Things to do in the source code

<< < (9/11) > >>

spaceranger:
I'd like to be able to edit the length of the trails and/or turn them off entirely. I'd rather see thruster tails than red lines everywhere.

Echelon9:
Have made another pass through the PVS-Studio reports in the Starshatter source code. Should help address a few corner case crashes.

Avimimus:
Wonderful to see the work resumed.

I've held off releasing my massive project because of a simple problem  - I gave the capital ship PDWs dispersion. However this means thtat they now usually miss fighters. As a result fighters tend to survive within sensor range of the capital ship (and it is impossible for the player to end mission without jumping out of the sector).

I need one of the following two features (either would be an acceptable solution):

1) Being able to assign proximity damage to capital ship cannons (so that they damage fighters even if they narrowly miss the fighters).

2) Allowing the player to end missions - even if there are enemy fighters within sensor range.

Any improvements to the collision avoidance AI or the AI's ability to engage in turn fights would also be quite valuable.

Echelon9:
I'll take a look. Mostly for now I've been fixing obvious coding bugs and getting to know the gameplay mechanic a little better.

achtung:
Light_gemini uploaded this to fsmods. I do not typically accept code submissions, because that would just turn into a mess.

So here is the file for further inspection.

It says in the title that it is new bugout code, here is the description:

Code files to make bugout toggleable in ships def files, along with amount of damage needed to trigger the jump. Vanilla game still works the same.

[attachment removed and sold on the black market]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version