Author Topic: Features  (Read 4631 times)

Offline Cyberkada

• http://b5sc.com
What new features would you like in Starshatter Open?

I have been adding a playable empire/faction system.  I will focus on two tracks - a Babylon 5 Game and pure Starshatter Open.

0. cleaning up, improving and fully integrating the old HTL Babylon 5 Mod
1. Bug fixes
2. Real multiplayer
3. Steamworks port

Suggestions? Suggestions?

Babylon 5: Starship Commander

Offline Parias

I'd still LOVE to see the game's main dynamic campaign modes get co-op support. That would move the game out of fringe territory for my local gaming circle and into "must play across multiple LAN parties".

Offline Cyberkada

Currently building up a playable faction/ empire system for co-op/ multiplayer - and a points-based ship upgrade path like SFCI and II (like most games, actually)

i hope true dynamic campaign.

player set each forces number.
they can start war without any scripting.
it make unlimited replayability.

Offline Cyberkada

Added colored empire labels for the main map and an empire tag to systems his weekend.  Maybe allow for system battles capturing with offense/ defense and economic ratings.

Offline Parias

Maybe allow for system battles capturing with offense/ defense and economic ratings.

Awesome, that sounds pretty cool.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
How are changes being documented? If we need to revert to an older version for some reason, is that still do-able? How can we manage features, or otherwise toggle them on or off?

...For instance, if we wanted to create a mod with more realistic physics/dimensions, how would we control how the game processes this information? I'd assume we'd do it via .ini file, or some other thing of that sort, but there you go. At some point, there needs to be a larger scale to the planning and implementation of features (hence kind of why this thread is here); I suppose the question should be, "what will be done to manage the development and expansion of the simulator?"

Aside from the more esoteric questions, I guess what should be asked for first is, "when will multiplayer be fixed?" Hands down the best thing to do would be to fix what's broken, and then expand on the features. That is, certainly, easier said than done.

...Also, if we ever move the engine over to OpenGL, then it can be made cross-platform. Then everybody wins. :D
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

My own pet peeve, but I'd love to be able to tweak/remove the red trails from all ships, or replace them with thruster trails.

babylon 5 you say??? there is a mod for the original starshatter i tried to make it work on the gathering storm without succes, well what i want is  some editor for the dynamic campaign thats make it easier to work so we can have the mods with campaign that will be awesome