FreeSpace Releases > Mission & Campaign Releases

RELEASE: FreeSpace Mission Disk: Redux

<< < (3/3)

Trivial Psychic:
Just a few more critiques about Shadows:
-You've used a vasudan message for the science cruiser saying that its engines are fixed.  I can understand if you want to stick to voice-only, but it is a bit confusing.
-The last wave of Shivans, and the repair of the science cruiser comes with a BIG delay.  For a time I wondered if there was an oops in the mission design and the end sequences were unreachable.  You may want to consider shortening that.
-Once its engines were back on-line, there was no departure cue for the science cruiser.  I had to use the command menu to order the Elysium it was docked to to depart in order to end the mission.

Novachen:

--- Quote from: Trivial Psychic on November 14, 2021, 02:30:34 pm ---Just a few more critiques about Shadows:
-You've used a vasudan message for the science cruiser saying that its engines are fixed.  I can understand if you want to stick to voice-only, but it is a bit confusing.
-The last wave of Shivans, and the repair of the science cruiser comes with a BIG delay.  For a time I wondered if there was an oops in the mission design and the end sequences were unreachable.  You may want to consider shortening that.
-Once its engines were back on-line, there was no departure cue for the science cruiser.  I had to use the command menu to order the Elysium it was docked to to depart in order to end the mission.

--- End quote ---

Huh :wtf:

I am curious, if i accidentally included an older version of this mission in 1.0.0 than i had back in my test enviroment.
That is indeed strange, that this mission seems to be totally broken  :nervous:

I will look into that of course. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but thanks for the report.

Novachen:
Well, it took a time, but i can present a new version of this small mission package.

Version 1.0.2 is online.
It fixed so far all reported problems of the "Shadows" mission. It should work now how it is was intended.

A more detailed changelog:
• mdu-17 "Shadows": Fixed and Changed Arrival and Departure Cues for several ships and wings. Also the Kamikaze of the Nimitz with the Ran will always happen, now.

EDIT:
Uh, something messed up during the Knossos upload. As i am not able to repeat the upload, there is a 1.0.2-Nova version on Knossos. It is identical to this one here, however.

Novachen:
Is there actually any interest in a multiplayer update of this?

As said in the OP, back then i also revised and rebalanced the multiplayer missions aswell. I did that for the MP missions from the main game, too. Not sure if i should include them in Mission Disk:Redux.
The main thing would be the updated Silent Threat cooperative multiplayer campaign of course, which would get the same bugfixes from the single player version. Also some kind of rebalancing for most missions, so that the coop campaign are much harder if you try to play them alone. The retail one have many missions which are identical to the single player version and would not pose any challenge if you play them with 2 or even 8 players.

I am asking, because if there is no really interest in this, I tend to procrastinate or even to drop it.

Goober5000:
I do think a multiplayer update would be well received.  We're starting to get more people interested in multiplayer, and they will be looking for more content.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version