Author Topic: War in Heaven R2 Preview (many pictures, many WORDS)  (Read 51376 times)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Re: War in Heaven R2 Preview (many pictures, many WORDS)
We know the UEB Lapis, the UEC Custos (standard and Spec-Ops varients), the GTC Cretheus and the GTCv Aegis will be new ships featured in WiH2. The three firsts are in the recent update, the latter is a variant of the Diomedes equipped with TAG beams and TAG-slaved Trebuchet launchers.

There are of course the ships that were already in the old version of WiH1 but that weren't used, like the Izra'il, the Ainsarii and the Vajradhara.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:38:36 pm by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Avoid the TAG beams and you won't get Treb'd, pilot !
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline crizza

This would be so sick, an AAA-beam hits you some thousand metres away from the ship and BAM, you have multiple Trebs coming for you :)

Offline -Sara-

How about paint bombs? Through hidden mines in asteroid or debris fields, that when exploding leave a unique radioactive residue on your ships hull, making you sitting duck against all the trebs and beams shot at you, not to mention any AWACS that could jam your only chance to hit subspace.
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
This would be so sick, an AAA-beam hits you some thousand metres away from the ship and BAM, you have multiple Trebs coming for you :)

Can I has this for the UEF too?
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Deadly in a Shadow

• Buntu!

Something like a TAG-Gauss cannon with Grimlers (oh wait Slammers) appearing of nowhere?
"Ka-BOOOOOOOOM!!!!"
"Uh, Sir we can hear the explosion."
"No you can't, there is no air in space. Sound can't travel through a vacuum!"

Offline crizza

Something like a TAG-Gauss cannon with Grimlers (oh wait Slammers) appearing of nowhere?
I could live with a beam painting me for long range missiles rather then a GAuss projectile hitting, and most likely piercing my fighter...

Offline Aesaar

I could live with a beam painting me for long range missiles rather then a GAuss projectile hitting, and most likely piercing my fighter...

Or not even piercing your shields.  Gauss cannons don't do much damage against shielded targets (just 300.  The Perseus has 350 shields).

Offline CT27

That Custos looks cool.

Hopefully the GTVA will get some new toys too that can match it. :cool:

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That Custos looks cool.

Hopefully the GTVA will get some new toys too that can match it. :cool:

Yep, they get the Cretheus

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
I just realized that the Aeigis would be a pretty effective countermeasure to a lot of the UEFs primary advantages (Narayana level range). I wonder if the Trebuchets will be unmodified.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Why would the GTVA need a corvette as a Treb platform? Long range subsystem disabling? Anti-fighter/bomber sweeper?
Because existing fighter wings can already do that.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

No, existing GTVA fighter wings get shredded by UEF point defense and have trouble with the UEF's high-performance fighters.  An Aegis corvette able to spew many Trebuchets at a time will prevent a serious long-ranged threat to UEF strikecraft while having more staying power in sustained battles than a wing of Ares fighters.  I don't know how many launchers an Aegis will have, but it will probably have a great deal many of them since it has to compete with flexible and cheaper Ares fighters as a long-ranged anti-strikecraft option.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
No, existing GTVA fighter wings get shredded by UEF point defense and have trouble with the UEF's high-performance fighters.
Looks like Threat Exigence Initiative's new fighters aren't making the cut. Guess it's time for a Wave Three of those?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Qent

TEI fighters are for wading through endless waves of flimsy Shivan fighters.

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
That sounds horribly like 'overspecialization', and that kills armies more surely than any enemy action.

Offline Aesaar

Last I checked, the Nyx was created specifically to respond to UEF fighters and gunships.  And the Atalanta is more than capable of going toe-to-toe with a Kentauroi.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
TEI fighters are for wading through endless waves of flimsy Shivan fighters.
Which, realistically, aren't exactly flimsy and that's more of a game balancing thing than anything.

I mean really, imagine Shivan ships and guns being highly superior to yours like they are in the canon lore. That'd not make for a fun gaming experience.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
That'd not make for a fun gaming experience.
If done right, it could be. But the end result would be very different from original FS.