Author Topic: Official Robotech Mod Thread  (Read 139467 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Official Robotech Mod Thread
http://www.swooh.com/premium/venom/FS2files/harlock.rar

There you go. I suggest you reconvert it, it's not scaled right ( I think I made it ten times its real size, should be around 300 meters iirc ), and it was when PCS wouldn't smooth the meshes, and this one needs it. Badly.
Honestly, it looks cool on the pics, but that mesh is old and really messed up.
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Nico
I'm gonna upload it, will be simpler.

Btw, for size chart:
http://www.robotech.com/community/login.php?redirect=Location%3A%20%2Finfopedia%2Fsizecomparison%2F%3F&message=You%20must%20first%20login%20to%20Robotech.com%20before%20you%20can%20browse%20the%20expanded%20mecha%20comparison%20charts.

you need to register, tho, but heh, if you're doing a robotech mod, at least, be registered to the official robotech website :p

Thanks! No prob about the FS2 stupp, i just need the mesh! :)

Btw, i know the site but i'm doing a Macross mod, not Robotech, and i have a lot of other sources... and anyway all the technical aspects of Macross mecha are all in my head, along  with the ones of Gundam :)
I'm mecha addicted!

Offline Nico

• Venom
Ah, cool, I prefer Macross to Robotech ( even tho I still like robotech ).
Btw, I also have the YF19 and YF21 somewhere, but they... well, they're my two first low-poly meshes ever :p

http://www.swooh.com/premium/venom/variouspics/yf21.jpg

The 19 is better, but I don't have an uploaded pic of it.

edit: well, I have, now:

http://www.swooh.com/premium/venom/variouspics/yf19.jpg
Kind of forgot to UV-map the back turret, it seems :p
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 08:08:06 am by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

Nice ones, not at par with your later models (i have downloaded some) but still nice! Well, i can't model a cube, so... :)

I too I've seen Robotech first, many years ago, but now i'll stick with the original product. And Macross plus is great!

Anyway, my TC is almost completed, models, tables, music and sounds are all done, maybe i'll relase a beta version if someone is interested... i just need make some decent missions...

Where's the link!!! :nod:

Anyway Plus was ok, decent grudge fight, But MACROSS ZERO is the shiznit! Traditional animation for the characters and backgrounds, however the mecha are in full CGI. I watch the battle scenes over and over... SWEET! I have up to episode 3 I hope they make this a LONG series...
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Nico

• Venom
No, it's an OVA series, I think there's 6 episodes planed. With 3 episodes a year, anyway, can hardly be another way.
I'm trying to get Macross 7 on kazaa, but huh, I didn't think that one was this long: about 50 episodes :p
Since Macross ( the very original series ) is finally going to be released in France on DVD ( next month, can't wait, it's a darn beautiful collector edition as well ), maybe Macross7 will follow...
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Star Dragon
Where's the link!!! :nod:

I've not told it's ready yet!

Originally posted by Nico
No, it's an OVA series, I think there's 6 episodes planed. With 3 episodes a year, anyway, can hardly be another way.
I'm trying to get Macross 7 on kazaa, but huh, I didn't think that one was this long: about 50 episodes :p
Since Macross ( the very original series ) is finally going to be released in France on DVD ( next month, can't wait, it's a darn beautiful collector edition as well ), maybe Macross7 will follow...

Macross is being released here in Italy too rigth now in a new DVD collection :)

Macross 7... what the hell is Macross 7?

Ahhhh, yes, you mean that anime with a big ship with a shotgun, speakers-shooting robot  with guitars instead of control sticks....and aliens who eat the soul of humans...
:ick: :ick: :ick:

I'd have Macross 2 (even if it's pretty bad too) over Macross 7 anyday.

You forgot the boobed Valk. That one was just odd, weird Chiba. At least Mac 7 gave us Full Armor VF-11 :D

Offline Nico

• Venom
the boobed valk?
SCREW CANON!

Mylene Jenius' VF-11 Kai MAXL. It had boobie speakers.

Originally posted by RangerKarl
You forgot the boobed Valk

I tryed to forgot that on purpose!!! :ick:

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Uhhh....do you mean the armored veritech? (I forget what it's called in Macross).

It was shown in an episode, flown by Rick/Hikaru. Nicknamed the "Sumo" in Robotech. Is that the one?

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by ryuune75
Macross 7... what the hell is Macross 7?

Ahhhh, yes, you mean that anime with a big ship with a shotgun, speakers-shooting robot  with guitars instead of control sticks....and aliens who eat the soul of humans...
:ick: :ick: :ick:

It's like that? Didn't know.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Nico

• Venom
google is your friend:

and indeed... hemm...
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by Unknown Target
Uhhh....do you mean the armored veritech? (I forget what it's called in Macross).

It was shown in an episode, flown by Rick/Hikaru. Nicknamed the "Sumo" in Robotech. Is that the one?

It's indeed called "armored valkyrie", it's a valkyrie with a GPB (Global Protect System, i think...) armor module added, but what he was referring to it's not that, because that is a VF-1 Armored valkyrie, and in macross 7 you got to see the VF-11 armored valkyre

The VF-11 is the standard mass produced valkyrie in Macross 7

Offline Nico

• Venom
In Macross Zero, they call that armor a "reactive armor".
The VF-11 should be old in Macross 7 already, since it's supposed to be replaced by the winner of the Nova project in Macross Plus.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:00:01 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

you wouldn't like the whole Mazinger saga.. or Getter as Venus and Aphrodite mecha have Breast Missiles, "Breast Missiles FIRE!"

Now THAT's girl power!
 ;7

Of course these were from Go nagai (my god, lol) also creator of Keiki Kanen (the world's first NAKED superhero! U know they actually made 3 live action movies off that anime? In the second movie she got a naked sidekick, he he)... ;7

Macross 7 RULES! FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

[email protected]

The Super Veritech? The Armred veritech Rick flew to save Lisa's shuttle that was attacked en route to Earth?

[email protected]

Originally posted by Star Dragon
The Super Veritech? The Armred veritech Rick flew to save Lisa's shuttle that was attacked en route to Earth?

No that's another one, the armored is the one Rick used to attack the recon craft of the 3 zentraedi that later will infliltrate the macross...

I remember in Battle tech we used to call that a CRUSADER, baiscly any wasp , stinger, or phoenix hawk mecha with the armor/weapon module package...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 03:11:50 pm by 622 »

[email protected]