Author Topic: Second Beheading  (Read 7914 times)

Offline Tiara

• Mrs. T, foo'!
Originally posted by ionia23

Oh, you're not?  Really.  Then explain what 'they are no different than the terrorists in my eyes' means.  You don't see a group of hooded GI's dragging some poor sod out of his store saying 'Disarm in 24 hours or we're cutting this guy's head off', and then doing it anyway so the 'enemy' knows we mean business.
[/b]
No, the american soldiers had a MUCH better reason. Spite.

:rolleyes:

Wouldn't that be interesting.....I think I'd move to Antartica.

Might actually be a good idea :p

If we're going to be bringing out the 'shock' pictures I'm all for it.  You can't show me a thing I haven't seen before, and far worse.

That might be, but you are still ignoring the fact that they wer American SOLDIERS. Not some ignorant group of terrorist. Yet they lowered themselves to the same level.

See, of course they're petty shoplifters.  They always are when the Americans are involved.  Always.  That could be Bin Laden in that little picture you included and people would still claim "oh...it's just an innocent farmer, oh bad USA, bad USA".  What so-and-so did or didn't do to get incarcerated doesn't mean a damn to me.  What DOES is the behavior of the guards...

:wtf: They were petty shoplifters. Even American sources confirmed this.

Unless you are one of those bigotted assholes that think that any Arab or Iraqi is automatically a terrorist. :rolleyes:

Doesn't matter whether that guy was a looter or taking potshots at passing soliders while hiding out in a mosque because they know we won't blow it up.  Those soldiers were wrong in every way imagineable.  I'd like to see them sentenced to Abu Gharib after the 'handover' and let the Iraqis handle it as they see fit.  But to call them terrorists?  That's just more liberal-with-a-bazooka bull****.

Ok, not terrorists because they didn't use it as a political move. They are any of the following; murderers, torturers, bigotted assholes, senseless killers, vengefull haters, etc etc.

Seriously, they are no better then terrorists. I'm not saying they are terrorists but sure as **** is that they aren't any better then them.

War brings out the worst in people.  That's it.  As noble as we like to describe WWII, nobody talks about Dresden.  Not even my history class when I was in school.

I'm a history teacher and I do talk about it in my classes. I teach an entire topic about 'Attrocities of War'.

War brings out the worst in people? I don't give a ****. They're trained soldiers and should know how to act. Not torture and kill prisoners.

The soldiers are busted and looking forward to a nice stay in military prison, which is just about the worst place you could possibly be.  They undermined the war effort, regardless of that whole 'following orders' defense crap, which will make them targets.  They'll pay dearly for what they did.  Even the President admonished them for it.  Of course, that was pure politics I've no doubt, but nonetheless...

Uhuh, but this still is no excuse whatsoever. They are still no better then any other murderer, terrorist or anything similar.
I AM GOD! AND I SHALL SMITE THEE!

...because I can :drevil:

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
ionia23, there is a tiny thing called BEING PISSED OFF AT BOTH SIDES!! Just to let you know...

And read her post carefully...
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline ionia23

• "YES, I did finally see 'The Matrix' 12 years late
Originally posted by Tiara
No, the american soldiers had a MUCH better reason. Spite.
That might be, but you are still ignoring the fact that they wer American SOLDIERS. Not some ignorant group of terrorist. Yet they lowered themselves to the same level.

:wtf: They were petty shoplifters. Even American sources confirmed this.

Unless you are one of those bigotted assholes that think that any Arab or Iraqi is automatically a terrorist. :rolleyes:

Ok, not terrorists because they didn't use it as a political move. They are any of the following; murderers, torturers, bigotted assholes, senseless killers, vengefull haters, etc etc.

Seriously, they are no better then terrorists. I'm not saying they are terrorists but sure as **** is that they aren't any better then them.

I'm a history teacher and I do talk about it in my classes. I teach an entire topic about 'Attrocities of War'.

The real message is violence is wrong, period.  I hear you loud and crystal clear.  That I can agree with.
"Why does it want me to say my name?"

Offline ionia23

Originally posted by Ghostavo
ionia23, there is a tiny thing called BEING PISSED OFF AT BOTH SIDES!! Just to let you know...

And read her post carefully...

I did.  I'm a bigot and violence is wrong.  So what else is new?:lol:

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
er... drugs are bad? :nervous:
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
I can't tell if ionia is a really good troll, or a really bad one...
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline ionia23

Originally posted by Knight Templar
I can't tell if ionia is a really good troll, or a really bad one...

Neither, just a participant.

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
Kinda like a gimp then? :p
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Gank
...but then the church really has very little to do with the conflict.

Ahh. See, shows you how much I know about Irish politics. At least (not aiming this at anyone in particular here) I don't stick my nose into a situation I have no idea about.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Kinda late, arent you sandwich?

Offline Gank

Originally posted by Sandwich
Ahh. See, shows you how much I know about Irish politics. At least (not aiming this at anyone in particular here) I don't stick my nose into a situation I have no idea about.

Maybe you should read up on it, theres a lot of similarities between what the brits did here in the past and what you're doing to the palestinians at the minute.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by .::Tin Can::.
Kinda late, arent you sandwich?

Yeah, whatever. Blame it on the server outages.

Originally posted by Gank

Maybe you should read up on it, theres a lot of similarities between what the brits did here in the past and what you're doing to the palestinians at the minute.

Maybe I will. The Brits, BTW, had the best anti-Muslim-terrorist policy ever, IMO. Wrap up the bodies in pigskin - they (Muslims) believe it keeps 'em out of paradise. I don't know why Israel doesn't do something similar.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Gank

Originally posted by Sandwich
Maybe I will. The Brits, BTW, had the best anti-Muslim-terrorist policy ever, IMO. Wrap up the bodies in pigskin - they (Muslims) believe it keeps 'em out of paradise. I don't know why Israel doesn't do something similar.

Probably because its complete and utter ****e, like the 77 virgin stuff.
http://www.snopes.com/rumors/pershing.htm

Btw, the british have never been attacked by Islamic terrorists, unless you're counting the various Islamic states they occupied in the past, but then thats not terrorism. If you use the word too much and in the wrong situations it looses its meaning.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I'd read somewhere it was a Spetsnaz tactic in Afghanistan.  I think.

EDIT - http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/779072/posts (not a great reference, natch - I'll check if there's anything more concrete)

Like Gank said, I think the closest term you could use for any fighting the British army had with Muslims (or rather thos ein Muslim countries) could be considered rebellion / insurgency rather than terrorism.  I think it's very difficult to call attacks on a 'fighting' army - i.e. one which is in a position of constant combat readiness - as terrorism instead of insurgency or guerilla warfare, because it's not targeting civillians.  

So a roadside bomb aimed at US / UK troops in Iraq shouldn't be considered terrorism, but attacks on civillians such as car bombs, or kidnappings are.  

(there's probably several groups operating and possibly co-operating in Iraq - former Baathist insurgents alongside the likes of Al-Queda - which have different aims and methods.  i.e. roadside vs suicide bombs)

Offline vyper

• The Sexy Scotsman
I think the definition loses meaning when live ammo is used - the objective is the same whether you say they're terrorists, civil uprisers, or solider - they still want to kill you and you want to kill them.
"But you live, you learn.  Unless you die.  Then you're ****ed." - aldo14

Offline Gank

Originally posted by aldo_14
I'd read somewhere it was a Spetsnaz tactic in Afghanistan.  I think.

Worked real well there didnt it. Its ****ing pathetic really, all thats going to happen is the clerics will say the Israelis cant stop anyone going to heaven and the show will go on.

Vyper, whaddya mean when live ammo is used, when are any of these terms used when live ammo is not used?