Author Topic: RELEASE: GTI Rebellion Demo  (Read 4784 times)

Offline Nuclear1

RELEASE: GTI Rebellion Demo
Title says it all. The first six missions of GTI Rebellion, my own campaign. First six missions allow you to meet the squadmates of the 314th Rapiers, face down GTI capital ships, and liberate Beta Aquilae from the rebels.

Get it here! Now fully patched and edited for release.

And, just as a little extra:

GTI Rebellion music! Credits to Singh for compressing/readying it for FS2. Cookie to whoever guesses the source. ;)

Comments/criticisms/threats appreciated. :D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2005, 01:01:11 pm by 673 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Without looking at your entry in the campaign list, is this for FSO or FS retail?

Offline Nuclear1

'Tis retail.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

I just gave it a whirl, on the whole it was pretty fun.
    The dialogue was pretty good, though a bit inconsistent (all pilots had names, but some missions used during the message to identify the pilot). Even so, the larger amount was nice.
     The briefing animations were pretty smooth also, and further pointed out some method of setup that I need to acquaint myself with.

On the other hand, there were still a few errors in the text. Primarily grammatical errors, but nothing overly annoying. I also thought the last mission was a little too scripted; you might consider giving some of the craft the light anti-ship weapon that Blaise Russel uses in the opening missions of the GW campaign (forget its name), I think it's included with the port. That might help some of the enemy craft carry out their objectives. Some scripting is cool. Also I broke the last mission somewhat by the final "enemy surge" (don't know how to do spoilers) but the debriefing didn't take this into account. It probably assumed that I would accomplish that.

All in all, it's good to see some missions being released and I look forward to many more.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Akalabeth Angel
I also thought the last mission was a little too scripted; you might consider giving some of the craft the light anti-ship weapon that Blaise Russel uses in the opening missions of the GW campaign (forget its name), I think it's included with the port.

Yeah, I always had trouble working that part of the mission.

Spoiler:
I kept trying to protect the Virgo bombers to let them kill the Integrity, but they always seemed to stray from that, no matter how much I told them to do it. I figured I'd just give a reason for the ship to self-destruct, and I made it happen.

Also I broke the last mission somewhat by the final "enemy surge" (don't know how to do spoilers) but the debriefing didn't take this into account. It probably assumed that I would accomplish that.

Well, I'll just have to add a stage for that then, won't I? ;)

Thanks for the feedback.

Not bad. Sorry I was unable to contribute, but I'm having some serious retail-FRED issues, along with some internet woes.

The only part that really needs improvement is, like, four grammar errors. Other than that...it's pretty good.

Runs good on my SCP build, by the way.

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Blitzerland
Runs good on my SCP build, by the way.

Good to know. ;) And no worries on the contributions, eh? :D

Regarding the last mission, the craft in question were doing thier job, they just had a heck of a time doing it. The ship fire was very effective in this regard.

Offline Nuclear1

Ah...

Spoiler:
I'll probably set the weapons system on the cruiser to 0 for the beginning... make it a little easier for them.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
A few minor errors.  I've only played through mission 2 though

1) I can't hear the avenger
2) In Mission 2, Gemini wing has Prometheus Rs, HL-7s and Harpoons
3) When you click on the trotsky's icon in the briefing, it shows up as a chronos
4) Clicking on Alpha wing in the mission 2 briefing shows a medusa instead of ulysses.
5) The Prometheus S is waaay more powerful than the FS1 Prometheus (against shields at least)
6) The trail for the Hornet uses newmiss3 in FS2, uses MissileTrail03 in FS1 (The FS1 trail looks better anyway)

Prom S:
Code: [Select]

$Velocity: 750.0 ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait: 0.35 ;; in seconds
$Damage: 30
$Armor Factor: 0.9
$Shield Factor: 1.0
$Subsystem Factor: 0.35
$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 1.0 ;; Energy used when fired

FS1 Prom
Code: [Select]

$Velocity: 450.0 ;; speed of the weapon (initially) -- may or may not change
$Fire Wait: 0.3 ;; in seconds
$Damage: 20
$Armor Factor: 1.3
$Shield Factor: 0.7
$Subsystem Factor: 0.35
$Lifetime: 2.0
$Energy Consumed: 0.40 ;; Energy used when fired
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 07:47:40 pm by 31 »
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by PhReAk
A few minor errors.  I've only played through mission 2 though
1) I can't hear the avenger

Bad .VP compiling on my part. I must have left out some of the Port sounds.

2)Gemini wing has Prometheus Rs, HL-7s and Harpoons

Just now noticed. Fixed ;)

3) When you click on the trotsky's icon in the briefing, it shows up as a chronos

I don't quite know how it happened, but noted, and fixed.

4) Clicking on Alpha wing in the mission 2 briefing shows a medusa instead of ulysses.

A result of hasty briefing compiling. Fixed.

5) The Prometheus S is waaay more powerful than the FS1 Prometheus

Noted, and done. ;)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
This sure does remind you of your SA days, don't it?  Nitpicking is fun.

I love how there's now a thread in there that got into 35 posts or so over a single sexp.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by PhReAk
This sure does remind you of your SA days, don't it?  Nitpicking is fun.

I love how there's now a thread in there that got into 35 posts or so over a single sexp.

Ah, good times. ;)

Except this time I've got the reigns :D

Offline Nuclear1

Fix is out. Check the first post ;)

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
You need to reupdate mission 3.

the event "secure" needs to have both freighters depart, yet if i manage to destroy either one than the messages won't start that occur after Aries wing has been destroyed.  I almost managed to kill both of them, so perhaps you may want to put a check in there for that case as well.  Additionally, Alpha wing should have orders to attack Aries or guard the player, since having them do nothing is a receipe for death.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Will do.

EDIT: See how this works.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 09:04:44 pm by 673 »

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
ok that worked.  the rest of the campaign worked fine.

One thing i will comment on is that most of the missions, with the exception of 5, tended to be the same "kill all fighters, and perhaps something large", a bit of variation can be thrown in, dunno how since thats up to you.
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Nuclear1

Noted; will fix tonight.

Thanks for playing ;)

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
After this last fix, would you mind uploading a new version of the campaign with all the patches integrated? :)

This campaign is a welcome break from the two n00b campaigns we got awhile back. Now, almost as a sign from god, we have two non-n00bish campaigns.

The Coming of the non-n00b Two: The AntiSuckage Chronicles

GTI Rebellion Demo + Sync = Five hours of gaming nirvana. And the best part is, I don't have any time to nitpick.