Author Topic: When you are bored...  (Read 347494 times)

My cousin is INSANE on Guitar Hero. I can't even keep track of the buttons scrolling past the screen, and he's nailing every one of 'em.

I don't play Guitar Hero myself. I'm not a big fan of electric guitars or the kind of music they generally lend themselves to.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It... It's not working... :eek:

:(

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Snail, if you pass out, I'm not giving you CPR.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

My cousin is INSANE on Guitar Hero. I can't even keep track of the buttons scrolling past the screen, and he's nailing every one of 'em.

I don't play Guitar Hero myself. I'm not a big fan of electric guitars or the kind of music they generally lend themselves to.

This coming from the guy who only listens to VG music... :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

That's not true... at least, not since Max introduced me to Moosebutter...  :cool:

Anyway: you'll notice that very few of the songs I have have e-guitars in them.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Snail

• SC 5
teh lulz.

Anyway: you'll notice that very few of the songs I have have e-guitars in them.

Good.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Guitar Hero = godly.  That is all. :p

Offline Snail

• SC 5

Yea you're done...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Psh.  I still have a few songs to 5-star on Hard, there's all of Expert waiting for me, and both GH3 and Rock Band will be out by the end of the year.  I'm just getting started. ;)

(Yeah...if it hasn't become entirely clear by now, I'm not entirely sure what point the comic was trying to make.  All I do know is, if it was a slight on GH, I might have to participate in some friendly skull-busting. :p)

And what happened to Freespace 2?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...did anything happen to it?

Just wondering why you put Guitar hero above Freespace 2.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Godly beings are part of the universe they affect in.

FreeSpace is an universe.

Instant win. ;7
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Guitar Hero doesn't exist in Freespace 2, thank God.

Oh, no, do I hear Axem's footsteps?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just wondering why you put Guitar hero above Freespace 2.
Since when did I put it "above" anything?  I said it is godly, which is true.  I didn't say it was the only game in existence that is godly, as there are several others I'd qualify as such.  Besides, how anyone could directly compare a peripheral-based rhythm game and an open-source PC space simulator title is rather beyond me. :p

I've just never heard you say that Freespace was godly. Just clarifying.  :rolleyes:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Pyro MX

• Frenadian
    • Pyro MX's Art
Dang wireless network card. The thing blew up two weeks ago. :mad:

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
:eek:  What will this do to the release of the next comic?
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
I don't nkow actually. Maybe it would involve a secret mission where the Shivans found a tactical advantage arising out of blowing up Pyro's wireless card. :nervous:

:P It's all good.
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame warâ„¢?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me