Author Topic: Idea  (Read 7922 times)

Offline k19

Ok this is just an idea but what if you could chose your career (e.g. Fighter Pilot or Bomber Pilot) and have a branching campaign for those options. I'm thinking about a mission at the start where it would say press 1 for fighter pilot and 2 for bomber pilot.
Would this work or is completely stupid.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Tis perfectly viable actually.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
You wouldn't press buttons for a choice though. You'd simply give the player a fighter and a bomber in loadout in the first mission and then change what happens based on which one they choose.

But yeah, this was probably doable with retail FS2.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline dragonsniper

• Master of the Irrelevant
    • Steam
Are you saying it isn't for the FSO Fred2?
Do or do not, there is no try...
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Shade

Everything doable in retail is doable in FSO.
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
It just seemed to me that karajorma was implying that it wasn't doable in FSO (Sorry it was a pretty stupid question to ask.)
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Shade

It could be interpreted that way yeah. But what he was actually saying is that it has always been possible, rather than being some SCP addition :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline dragonsniper

• Steam
Ok... I get it now.
~HLP Member and Modder~
          ~~2008-201x~~

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
I'm guessing to cut the workload somewhat you'd use the same missions with different objectives?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
I'm guessing to cut the workload somewhat you'd use the same missions with different objectives?

I wouldn't. Maybe the first mission could work like that, but a well designed bombing mission is much more than an ordinary fighter mission with slightly different objectives. A proper bombing campaign would be awesome though - too often bombing is just relegated to two or three missions in major campaigns - a well made, solidly plotted bomber campaign would be cool and fairly unique.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline k19

You wouldn't press buttons for a choice though. You'd simply give the player a fighter and a bomber in loadout in the first mission and then change what happens based on which one they choose.

But yeah, this was probably doable with retail FS2.
ah okay

Boom. Now I know how to flavour my mini campaign!

Great Idea.  It could also work for a NTC v. GTVA choice,  if that hasn't been done already.? (not with the choice of ship though,  but the option of divergent but parallel campaigns.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Don't bump old topics in order to make a comment like this. It's much better to start a new topic and simply link the old one instead.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]