Poll

Which of these strikecraft would you most like to see make a cameo as a prototype in Frontlines?

GTF Valkyrie
16 (57.1%)
GTF Hercules
9 (32.1%)
GTB Medusa
2 (7.1%)
GTB Zeus
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: February 07, 2014, 12:08:57 pm

Author Topic: Frontlines 2334 progress (formerly "Request - Single in-game cutscene mission)  (Read 25099 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Frontlines 2334 progress (formerly "Request - Single in-game cutscene mission)
For those who're interested, the campaign structure for 2334 is now finalized - 9 playable missions, one in-engine cutscene mission. Of those, 5 are listed as "Complete", 3 are "Near Complete", 1 is "Started". The remaining, yet to be started mission is the cutscene mission, which will be simpler (and hopefully quicker) than a combat mission (no balance issues, briefing/debrief, mission goals etc. etc.). Also, for the record, two of the "Near Complete" missions don't actually necessarily require any more work - they just haven't been stress tested as much as I would like.

In other words... we're closing in. :D

TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Re: Frontlines 2334 progress (formerly "Request - Single in-game cutscene mission)
Can't wait to play it!  :)
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
There was a specific mission that needed an extra little boost, so we've promoted a ship from 2322 (where it'll be a somewhat dangerous foe) to 2334 (where it's outdated and outmatched). But it does help the mission. :) This is the PVC Sokar:

Alternate View 1
Alternate View 2

It's a light cruiser, though at only around 100m long and a few decks tall it barely counts as one. The "cruiser" designation is a hangover from its discovery in the early days of the war - had it been first encountered any later, it would have been designated a gunship instead. It borrows heavily from the Ramses - it has the same primitive, blister-based navigational system, and is intended to be more or less the same vintage.

The model still needs some work - normal and shine maps, a couple of basic LoDs and integration of the debris (which is already modeled, just not part of the pof yet), but it's not going to slow down release as far as I can see - we're already balancing the mission in question with the WiP. And speaking of missions, the amount of work in that particular pile continues to shrink - 6 are now "Complete", 3 "Near-Complete".
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
I think main texture is a little bit too bright. It should be darker and less saturated, just like main Typhoon texture. At the other hand, it looks just as pre-GW vasudan cruiser should look like. Great work!
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Our hoting has been made official, and the public board is up! So I probably wont be updating this thread any more - check our shiny new forum for future updates. :)

Also, we've made the May 9th release date official - we still have a little bit of work to hit it, but we're remarkably close - I know FS projects haven't always had the best relationship with pre-announced release dates, but I'm feeling good about this one! There really is very little left - all of the playable missions bar two are complete, and those two really just need a tiny bit of icing - they're both release quality right now.

Start getting excited folks! :D
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Move the thread over in case anyone wants to reference earlier posts.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
OK, so, now that this thread has ended up in our forum, I guess I will keep updating it. :p

Big news - all playable missions have now been declared final and releasable.

I'll continue to test, particularly in terms of the campaign progression (the fc2 file will be my next task), but I'm confident that the vast majority of the bugs have been eliminated (certainly all the ones we know of).

All that remains now, other than the fc2 file, is the cutscene mission (which is being actively worked on as I type), a quick standardization run to ensure briefings, hotkey usage and other stylistic things are being used consistently, and the final packaging of the missions and mods into VPs.
Rarely Updated P3D.

Offline The Dagger

• I like zod ships
Yay! I'm really looking forward for this.  :yes:

Offline Luis Dias

Congrats Black Wolf, it's always great to see projects having its end run in sight :yes:

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
    • Visit the TI homepage!
FC2 file assembled. Was both easier and harder than I expected, in different ways. Crossing those ts, dotting those is. :D
Rarely Updated P3D.