Author Topic: Welcome to Frontlines  (Read 5626 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Welcome to Frontlines
Welcome to Frontlines!

Hopefully, many of you will have been following our progress in the Missions and Campaigns forum, but for those who haven't, Frontlines is an umbrella project, with the goal of constructing a series of short, non-connected campaigns set at various points during the fourteen years of the Terran-Vasudan war.

Our first campaign, Frontlines 2334, is set during a Terran invasion of the Vasudan-held Deneb system. We have 9 playable missions, and a bonus, three mission minicampaign designed to teach you the ins and outs of combat in the shieldless, low-tech days before the Great War.

The campaign isn't quite ready yet, but we're really close - our planned release date is May 9th. So mark your calendars, set your alarms, and let's hope we can break HLP's traditional release-date curse!

I'll be putting up more information soon, as well as updating our neglected pseudo-website on the wiki, but for now, I just want to thank Goober and HLP generally for arranging hosting, and offer a general introduction - feel free to ask any questions you might have.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:53:08 am by Black Wolf »
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Nyctaeus

• The Slavic Engineer
  • My "FS Ships" folder is 582gb.
    • Minecraft
    • Exile
Re: Welcome to Frontlines
I was always very excited about this project and I can't wait for more news! Good work with progress You have made guys :yes:
Exile | Shadow Genesis | Inferno | Series Resurrecta  | DA Profile | P3D Profile

Proud owner of NyctiShipyards. Remember - Nyx will fix it!

All of my assets including models, textures, skyboxes, effects may be used under standard CC BY-NC 4.0 license.

Offline Lorric

I know how you feel Betrayal. This was always my most anticipated project, second only to Spoon's Wings of Dawn remake. And then I ended up working on it, and having a much greater influence on it that I ever would have expected. It's also been much more enjoyable than I ever would have expected. Black Wolf, Lepanto and I really make a great team, it's been a pleasure working with them. :)

I tentatively predict we will hit the deadline, but you know how HLP is with projects and deadlines. If we don't hit it, I don't think it would take long for us to release after that, the internal forum has been a hive of activity ever since Lepanto and I joined the project, and we're really close now. We just need to ride the momentum to the finish line. I'm excited too. :nod:

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Frontlines isn't the most ambitious of projects, considering that it's pre-FS1-era, but we've been using the resources at our disposal to make some fun missions.

Working on the Frontlines dev team has been a pretty smooth and productive experience.

I hope you'll join us in six days, and see what war was like on the Frontlines!  :p
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Luis Dias

"This campaign was made in FRED. And notepad"? Wat.

Come on, I enjoy humour as the next guy, but is this really the thing that encapsulates your campaign? :D

Nevertheless, great congrats for your release. I'll DL tonight and have a peek.

Offline Lorric

Yes Luis, I noticed that, I've already mentioned it on the internal.

We had a great description that Goober put there, but then we got moved over here to Hosted Projects - Released, and I wonder if what Goober put got knocked off and replaced with that. Some sort of default perhaps? It is rather unflattering, isn't it? We're hardly selling ourselves with that... :D

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
The description was changed at least a day before the board was moved.

Offline Lorric

The description was changed at least a day before the board was moved.
Interesting. I asked on the internal if it was an intentional change, but speculated as I did here whether it was due to the board move. I can't see why anyone would want to replace what you put with that. I guess we'll just have to see what Black Wolf says. :)

Thanks for clearing that part up. Can you see who changed it?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I changed it, based on a conversation in IRC between myself, Black Wolf, and Axem.  You kind of had to be there.

Regardless, I'm happy to change it again once Black Wolf comes up with an official description.

Offline Lorric

I changed it, based on a conversation in IRC between myself, Black Wolf, and Axem.  You kind of had to be there.

Regardless, I'm happy to change it again once Black Wolf comes up with an official description.
Oh, so it was some sort of joke or something. :)

Thanks. Heh, at least I know we didn't throw out your description for that. :D

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I'll be waiting for this!
TV wars are the best type of campaigns IMO, so much stuff to cover there :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline Lorric