Author Topic: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.14.3 (combined launcher/installer)  (Read 277141 times)

Offline MachManX

• The Fight Never Ends...This Is A Fact Of Life!
Re: PUBLIC BETA: Knossos 0.14.3 (combined launcher/installer)
Hope that helps. BTW, you'll likely have better luck getting help on the HLP Discord than on the forums.

Sir, you are a pilot saver!  I was able to get a lot of help from the HLP Discord.  Turns out that I was using the wrong git repo.  I should've been using old-knossos instead.  After a few hiccups I got it to compile quite quickly.

A tip I will leave for people who have HiDPi screens under Ubuntu (and perhaps other Linux distributions), use the following command:

Code: [Select]
QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=1 python3 -m knossos
(use "python" instead of "python3" if you are using python 2)

Thank you and now I am off to the Vega system.   :cool:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
B450I GAMING PLUS AC
Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
16GB DDR4-3600
WD SN750 1TB NVME
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
Corsair HX520W PSU
Cougar QBX Case
NEC V422 42" @ 1080p
Ubuntu 20.04 + Whatever I VM

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Great! Glad you got things working. :)

Hello.

I'm fairly new to linux (I'm on pop os) and I am trying to set up Knossos with little success. I tried following the official instructions but they are apparently outdated? Could someone please give me a clear instructions on how to install it?

Thanks.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Hi there!

Your best bet is to ask for help on the #knossos channel on the HLP Discord.

Note that we can't guarantee that a specialized Linux distro, such as Pop!_OS, will be able to run Knossos/the game well or even at all, even if it's based on a general-purpose distro (Ubuntu in this case).

As for updating the Knossos build instructions, RL is unfortunately too hectic right now for me to set up an Ubuntu VM (on Windows) and produce reliable setup instructions. Perhaps I can do that sometime later this year, or maybe someone else can do it sooner.

Hope that helps.

Hi! Sorry, once I've download the Italian Text Pack in FsPort, how can I activate it?Thx!!

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
Hi there! Unfortunately, I don't know the answer to this one.

Try asking on the #fsport channel on the HLP Discord.

If you don't get a response there (I'm not sure how active that channel is), try the #scp or #knossos channels.

Where did you get the Italian text pack from? How did you install it?

Hi,

just for development: Building the latest Knossos 1.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 ./task_sh client-run results in

Code: [Select]
Task client-run failed due to its dependency client-build: Task client-build failed due to its dependency libknossos-build: Task libknossos-build failed due to its dependency libinnoextract-build: Task libinnoextract-build failed due to its dependency libinnoextract-cmake-build: exit status 1

Offline wesp5

I wanted to ask some questions about the latest Knossos release. I used it recently to upload a new version of "The Babylon Project" standalone game and at first it failed by hanging itself exactly on the package which contained the modified files. I managed to make if work by manually editing the mod.json file to remove the entries of some files there that had been removed from the package and to delete the checksums of the modified files. Because Knossos did not give me any warnings, here is what I want to know:

- Did Knossos hang because it was looking for the files mentioned in mod.json that were not there or did Knossos hang because it compared the checksums in mod.json with those of the changed files?
  (While uploading the checksum test was reported as being successfull.)
- Is there an easy way in Knossos to calculate the checksums for changed files and maybe even a way to just upload files in a package that have been modified instead of always uploading everything?
  (You know how GIT clients or other similar tools upload to repositories.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 08:17:22 am by wesp5 »