Author Topic: Fail the button to quick start campaign  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Fox_Neo

• Greetings from Spain.
Fail the button to quick start campaign
Hello.
I'm playing  the game Silent Threat: Reborn, and  I have a problem. When I want to continue the campaign,   the button to "quick start " don't work  I attach an image whit the problem.
When   start image was other, I didn't have any problems for continue  the campaign. Any solution?
Thanks for help me.
fallo-inicio-misiones" border="0

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Fail the button to quick start campaign
Actually i do not think, that "Quick Start" was ever implemented in FreeSpace.

It was an intended feature for Multiplayer in FreeSpace: The Great War to start a quick multiplayer match. Without Server Browser etc.. Simply Click and Join the next available match. But that was never used even in the first Freespace and so it is a left over in the code.

No idea, why that one got into the community created Soyakaze Mainhall... or why that one is active in Single Player.

Yes, of course. Today it could be implemented to use to join a random multiplayer match or even to start a random single player mission. But afaik we are not there, yet.

Quick start has nothing to do with the briefing room button, you have to use to continue a campaign, however ;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:48:56 am by Novachen »
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Greetings Fox_Neo,

Yes, as Novachen said, that button is not connected to any function.  To continue the campaign, you should go to the Ready Room, which I think is the door labeled Operations.

Offline Colt

• Needs more dakka
    • Steam
To add to what Goober said, right clicking mouse automatically shows you the different options on the menu. Useful for navigating the many different main halls mods have to offer. :yes:

Offline Fox_Neo

• Greetings from Spain.
Thanks!
OK I was  clicking  on in the wrong place  :banghead:  :lol:   I was looking for  the "Ready Room".
To add to what Goober said, right clicking mouse automatically shows you the different options on the menu. Useful for navigating the many different main halls mods have to offer. :yes:
Thanks for tip.  Whit this tip  I have  found the  "Ready Room".
Best regards.