Author Topic: Project Erlkönig needs...  (Read 2358 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Project Erlkönig needs...
EDIT:
To clarifiy: I am not just seeking to pawn of work I could be doing myself. But also expertise to suppelment mine - I can strive for self-suffiency all I want, but it is it not going to make any less of a limited tool. If you get involved as long as you produce results you will have creative freedom (except when it comes to Voice Acting Direction, there is one (1) non-negotiable condition there, I will insist must be followed come hell or high water.)

1) Scripting, Particle Effects

There are two mechanics I want to enhance through some visual effects, esspecially spawning particles in the player's visual field. I have never done this before (never a compelling need and I don't really care for graphics all that much - but right now it essential.)

2) Sound, Library & Mixing

Same as the above, I want to enhance some mechanics with audio indicators. While I am pretty sure I can FRED and table together the playbacks in-engine, I don't have the experise to do ensure that sounds are all of the same baseline.

3) Voice Acting Coordinator

This is the first project I am making in which voice acting is an essential component. As I want to move quickly to another project as soon as FREDing is done (to keep the momentum going) and got a few side-shows going ( 1 2 ), I would really appriciate it if someone could step into that role.

What is Project Erlkönig (or Erlkoenig so the umlaut goes away) is a small, 4 mission campaign for The Babylon Project meant to utilize the updates currently WIP. It incooperates some elements common to the horror genre for ... reasons.

You play as an Anla'Shok, a Ranger, attached to Whitestar 47.
Together with you comrades of Whitestar 88 you are dispatched from Babylon 5 to find and rescue a hijacked passenger liner, which has been taken into the Rim. While the Hijackers may have a head start on you, the speed and superior detection capabilites of the Whitestars and their minbari-made fighters should be everything you need to catch up in time and resolve the situation.

The mission may appear routine but as the oath of the Anla'Shok goes "I will walk in the dark places no others will enter"...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:08:04 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: Project Erlkönig needs...

There are two mechanics I want to enhance through some visual effects, esspecially spawning particles in the player's visual field. I have never done this before (never a compelling need and I don't really care for graphics all that much - but right now it essential.)

Making that just requires a sexp and some table editing.

Offline 0rph3u5

Making that just requires a sexp and some table editing.

Please leave.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline 0rph3u5

added statement to first post

==================