We at Fate of the Galaxy wanted to let our forum readers know that development is still going strong, albeit under the radar.
- Added and updated more single, tech-room missions. Also updated missions with consistent and easy to follow naming scheme so you can quickly choose if you want to play a mission for the Empire or Rebel Alliance.
- Added some new planet backgrounds and updated a few others.
- Updated TIE cockpit with two aspects. 1) Added PBR map to TIE cockpit, this was the last of our current cockpits that needed an PBR update. 2) Updated HUD gauge texture to fill in some larger blank spaces.
- Updated Friendly AI missile avoidance with new SCP features.
- Updated ship models to be compatible with multiplayer (long story short, moving submodels can be tricky and took some updating). Multiplayer testing will be occuring in the near future. Big thank you to Cyborg and Taylor for all their continued work on the multi code.
- Updated AI to use vertical launch bombs to check for line of sight.
- Updated particle effects, so even folks with less powerful machines will have a good option.
- Fixed a lot of minor bugs.
- More substantial work on Project Alderaan, including balancing, bug fixing, and adding some new features.
Overall, FotG development continues on under the radar, and we thank all of you for your continued interest!
For folks who want to see a bit more frequent FotG updates, feel free to join our Discord channel where we tend to post most of our informal updates and even some live gameplay streams (https://discord.gg/k7ZMdmt
). If anyone is interested in helping out or contributing feel free to reach out and/or check out our help wanted thread.
May the Force be with you!