Author Topic: Disarming active missiles (again)?  (Read 2899 times)

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Disarming active missiles (again)?
I am in "weapon concept mode"-again (as I am typing I am also trying to proof of concept an idea for the weapon to create an in-game effect via SEXP, e.g. spawning another weapon, if it destroys a target; it is super fiddly and absolutely not scaleable) - and looking at the options in the weapons.tbl, I was wondering:

Is there a option to reverse the "armed" status (i.e. make it explode with a dinky explosion) of a missile that has been fired and that has passed its arm condition?

E.g. for the emp weapons to kill bombs without triggering the warhead's "normal" explosion, even if the warhead already "armed" (= met the conditions to no longer explode with a dinky explosion)...
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 07:41:12 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Re: Disarming active missiles (again)?
This isn't currently an option, no, but I don't think it would be hard to implement. I'm thinking like a weapon flag "disarms weapons" or something, that will always cause dinky detonations of weapons it kills, regardless of their armed status.