Author Topic: FRED Open?  (Read 3517 times)

Is there a version of FRED for FSO and Knossos, or will I have to use FRED 2 from retail FS2?
"reeeee" isn't just a dumb meme, its a lifestyle

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Yes, there is.

Every version of Freespace Open comes with FRED. So you get to use all the nice new features :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

how do i access this?

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
How do you install FSO?

- On Knossos it is as easy as selecting the "Run FRED2" from a drop down.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline EatThePath

• Laser Lich
    • Twitter
specifically, when you mouse over any mod in Knossos there's an arrow at the bottom right that opens extra actions

This will launch fred for the version of fso that mod is set to use, and will load the mod's data as well.
Name your damn turrets and sounds! Numbers alone aren't helpful!
"if disco is dead then I am the laser lich"
"...[Warmachine] keeps changing as fast as EatThePath can force the engine to do his dark bidding..."

I'm not seeing this

Is it Windows only?

[attachment deleted to save space]

Offline DefCynodont119

• Ascended GTSC-Faustus Artist
    • Steam
I'm not seeing this

Is it Windows only?

Yeah, unfortunately.
My gift from Freespace to Cities Skylines:  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=639891299

welp, time to bootcamp

thx for the help

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
A cross-platform version of FRED, called QtFRED, is in development.  But there's still a bit of work to be done before it's complete.