Author Topic: With HT&L...  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
  • Im not the droid your looking for, move along
... things will run much faster, so I want to make a challenge to the whole comunity: to upgrade all FS2 original ships to higher poly standards, make glow and shining maps for them... well, basically upgrade them all, because they are a bit outdated for todays engines and with HT&L..

I someone would be interested, we could ask for the HLP "masters" to host us, and we could make this a reality.
I can make some remodels, but I can't do anything else, and I can't remodel all ships, but I do lend a hand if a team is formed for this purpose...

THoughts??
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Why, you ask? What, do I look like a Shivan to you?!?

Raven is a god.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
Sounds great, but isn't it quite a huge job to remodel every single ship of FS2?

Offline RandomTiger

Send me an  e-mail and we'll have a discussion.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, theres enough people involved, we could each take on one ship each?

Flipside :D

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Well, smoothing would work for Vasudan ships + some Terran ships (like the perseus).

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yep, subdivide and conquer ;)

Some of the textures would take some looking at as well, that will probably be harder to do than the models. I might well be willing to take on one :)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Well, smoothing would work for Vasudan ships + some Terran ships (like the perseus).

nah, that won't do it.
you do realize that's a huge amount of work? I know, I started that before you. it's a lot of wok, and it's a boring job as well, allow me to say.
SCREW CANON!

Offline diamondgeezer

Yo Raven, you know there's a 'FreeSpace upgrade project' already - right? Talk to Maeg and UT

Offline mikhael

• Back to skool
  • Fnord!
    • http://www.google.com/search?q=404error.com
Originally posted by Venom

nah, that won't do it.
you do realize that's a huge amount of work? I know, I started that before you. it's a lot of wok, and it's a boring job as well, allow me to say.

Its a huge amount of work, and the rewards are few.

I disagree though, about it being boring. I was anything but bored while working on my Herc1. I really need to sit down and work on a high poly Medusa. :D
[I am not really here. This post is entirely a figment of your imagination.]

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Yeah, I know it is a huge amount of work, but it is worth it, and if it is to be, it will be a FULL comunity project...

I know there is the FS Upgrade project, but as far as I know, it will not be about bringing the graphical part of the game to the next level, but to make a rather "official" sequel to FS2...

Also, let me point out that I was giving an idea, not trying to start a project, but to lend my hand in case the community wants to do it...

RT, the E-mail is on its way...
Yeah, I know you were waiting for a very nice sig, in which I was quoting some very famous scientist or philosopher... guess what?!? I wont indulge you...

Raven is a god.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
The fighters wouldn't be much of a problem to be honest with you, each person could take on one ship, and they are not all that complex.
You will certainly hit barriers when you get to capital ships though. I think I would be right in saying there are far more people here who enjoy making fighters, which are pretty fast and uncomplicated compared to the capital ships. Especially since these capships would have to be 100% compatible with the Freespace 2 campaign.
It would be nice, and I would almost be willing to help if someone could convince me that (a) it would be worth the effort and (b) and wouldn't come trudging to a halt half finshed in about 3 months :(

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Funny, I prefer to model capital ships :D

Yes, assigning a ship only to a member seems to be good idea, but if they are not willing to help...

Raven is a god.

member? member of the FSSCP community?
When will I learn?  The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV! -- Homer,  "There's No Disgrace Like Home''
I sometimes find myself here on this forum, late at night constantly pressing "Reload" over and over again

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
No! not just the SCP community, but the whole FS HLP community... :p

Raven is a god.

aahhh...

stupid me
When will I learn?  The answer to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV! -- Homer,  "There's No Disgrace Like Home''
I sometimes find myself here on this forum, late at night constantly pressing "Reload" over and over again

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
I think it would have to be taken to poll, I would be willing to vote to 'Yes, If enough people are interested' ;)

If a few start more will probably follow.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
How do I make this a poll???

Raven is a god.

Its to late for that, isnt it?
Have to start a new thread i think.

Offline Raven2001

• Machina Terra Reborn
Ok, I've made a new thread with a poll... go there and vote

Raven is a god.