Author Topic: windows Vista  (Read 10823 times)

it does work without the mediavps. It sucks though. I wanted to upgrade the graphics and now I can't use them?

Offline Rhymes

• Galactic Mediator
  • Fatum Iustum Stultorum
Wait, where did you get your mediavps from?  just checking.
If you don't have Knossos, you need it.

“There was a button," Holden said. "I pushed it."
"Jesus Christ. That really is how you go through life, isn't it?”

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Doesn't mean you can't use them, there just might be something wrong with them.  No need to get feisty yet, they're still trying to help you get to that point :)
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

I know, doesn't mean I can't express my frustration about it.
the mediavps, I got them from Turrey's downloader and from this site.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
The only thing that makes any sense now is that the DDS files within the VP file are somehow damaged and the game cannot read them and throws you the error it says.

Could you try and re-extract the MV_Effects.vp file from the archive you downloaded, if you still have it? Sometimes data errors creep into the VP files during the extraction (good example would be when during the VP testing phase, a particularly mystifying model bug turned out to be corruption of that single model file during the extraction process).

Or, if you have deleted the 7z file already, re-download it from here.

EDIT: Personally, since you mentioned Turey's installer, I would probably replace all your VP's with the ones found here but your problems don't seem to be quite typical of Turey's corrupt VP problems; the filesizes match with correct ones and the number of files in VP's matches too, so this is probably a separate issue...
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:07:32 pm by Herra Tohtori »
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
So you got two versions? Delete the ones from the installer and put the separately downloaded ones in the /mediavps folder.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
I know, doesn't mean I can't express my frustration about it.
the mediavps, I got them from Turrey's downloader and from this site.

ok redownload the mvps not using tureys installer..........and remove the old ones before you put he new ones in ....

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,58230.0.html

they can be found here
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."