Author Topic: Capship Glide  (Read 2837 times)

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Vipers can glide. Raiders can glide. Raptors can glide. The AI can do it just as well as players.

But how about a Bolitho or a battlestar? Would be awesome to see Pegasus keeping her main guns on a target while maneuvering.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Ooooooooooooo

That'd be an interesting trick for a Dreadstar.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Topgun

Vipers can glide. Raiders can glide. Raptors can glide. The AI can do it just as well as players.

But how about a Bolitho or a battlestar? Would be awesome to see Pegasus keeping her main guns on a target while maneuvering.
wait, AI knows how to glide?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

wait, AI knows how to glide?

See the wiki for AI Profiles and AI.tbl. Look for:

$Glide Attack Percent: AI uses "hit glide, turn, and shoot" during dogfights.
$Glide Strafe Percent: AI uses glide to strafe capships.
$Circle Strafe Percent: Not strictly a glide AI behavior (this one is about sidethrust) but it will use glide if available.

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
See the wiki for AI Profiles and AI.tbl. Look for:

$Glide Attack Percent: AI uses "hit glide, turn, and shoot" during dogfights.
$Glide Strafe Percent: AI uses glide to strafe capships.
$Circle Strafe Percent: Not strictly a glide AI behavior (this one is about sidethrust) but it will use glide if available.

From what I gather these parameters don't work on capships. What Battuta is talking about is a new build with the 'make-this-ship-glide' (or similar :p) SEXP, that will force a capship to glide. Neat, I must say.
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Yes but that was not what Sushi was responding to.  He was responding to Topgun's inquiry to AI knowing how to glide.  That's why he quoted it.  And he should know he wrote the code. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras