Author Topic: Player From Battlestar Galactica online  (Read 4529 times)

Offline bizarro

Player From Battlestar Galactica online
Hi all i made account here only from 1 reason ...I searched internet and find you guys-Diaspora ...shortly if you finish your game ...the most players from  Battlestar Galactica Online will start play your game 90% of them... Battlestar Galactica Online has became totaly joke ..with every update they bring more bugs then fixes and its became unplayable and  Dev dont care abouth that and they even dont want bother with us...so i hope you will finish your game some day i hope very soon so we can enjoy in it...thx  :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 08:03:25 pm by bizarro »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Player From Battlestar Galactica online
I'm sorry to hear that. I only played BSGO briefly but I quite liked what I saw. It's a pity if they've ballsed it up.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline newman

Bear in mind Diaspora is a very different game than BSGO.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
BSGO wasn't that bad last time I played... As long as you're ready to grind, that is.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Master_Drow

• Theseus CIC officer.
If I remember correctly didn't Diaspora have to take a brief hiatus because some of its modelers were contracted to work on the BSGO ships?

Offline newman

Some of us did indeed work on some BSGO ships, but there was no hiatus, really.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline bizarro

Yes i know that the Diaspora is totaly different game then BGSO , but as i sid before they simple dont  care about nothing i dont want tell you because if i start  write what is wrong i need 1 hour to type all problems in game,and the last of this problem is the worst ...Unity Web Player started to crash when you jump to systems, then when you fight, then when you log in, and now when you try to log in  you cant because it crash when you hit start game ,and as usual Dev never communicate with players,and never tell us when they planing to fix that... I am sure of one thing.. many players will quit  cause they dont take their job seriosly or they simply dont care....
Ijust want to know do you planing to finish your game? i am ready to pay for playing if necessary...I playing BGO since open beta, i am lvl 110 and game became worse every day ,with every update they bring more bugs then fixes...I also heard thet some of you guys worked on BGO, do you still  work with them?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
3 of the Diaspora modellers provided ships for the official game but that was the limit of our contact with them.

Offline bizarro

can you tell me in which ships you worked on ? of course if that is a secret i understand..anyway you done nice job..

Offline newman

Mostly the civilian fleet - a lot of the civie ships you see in the game were either done by me, or other members of the team. I also designed and modeled the Cylon refinery ships, I think you can only get to see those if you play as a Cylon though.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Seems the Diaspora website's domain linked to from people's badges has expired...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yeah, I asked about how to change that on the admin internal and I never really got the reply I needed. 

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
Yeah, I asked about how to change that on the admin internal and I never really got the reply I needed. 
Which thread was this?  I apparently didn't get a notification for this one.

I think this is done via the db...
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline karajorma

• Administrator

Offline bizarro

thx !  :) and i almost forgot i have 1 good news for you guys, BGO t becomes almost unplayable,and its  worse and worse almost every they with each update, a lot of them use hacks and they  go unpunished... so very soon you guys will have huge player base wrom BGO! i speak for them, we just wait you to release your game we hope you will do that very soon!  :) :) :)

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Once again this is a very different game than BGO, the multiplayer content we have for R1 was much less emphasized than the single player campaign and there isn't anything persistent just some basic dogfighting maps. So don't set your hopes too high.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 06:37:46 pm by Ace »
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline bizarro

thx ..i know already its different kind of game, I will not be disappointed i already read a lot of on this forum... but i am positive and the least we can do is hope you will progress with game we can wait.. by the way some of players want to help you with game i told them to check your forum ... :)

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Hi all i made account here only from 1 reason ...I searched internet and find you guys-Diaspora ...shortly if you finish your game ...the most players from  Battlestar Galactica Online will start play your game 90% of them... Battlestar Galactica Online has became totaly joke ..with every update they bring more bugs then fixes and its became unplayable and  Dev dont care abouth that and they even dont want bother with us...so i hope you will finish your game some day i hope very soon so we can enjoy in it...thx  :)
Yes i know that the Diaspora is totaly different game then BGSO , but as i sid before they simple dont  care about nothing i dont want tell you because if i start  write what is wrong i need 1 hour to type all problems in game,and the last of this problem is the worst ...Unity Web Player started to crash when you jump to systems, then when you fight, then when you log in, and now when you try to log in  you cant because it crash when you hit start game ,and as usual Dev never communicate with players,and never tell us when they planing to fix that... I am sure of one thing.. many players will quit  cause they dont take their job seriosly or they simply dont care....
Ijust want to know do you planing to finish your game? i am ready to pay for playing if necessary...I playing BGO since open beta, i am lvl 110 and game became worse every day ,with every update they bring more bugs then fixes...I also heard thet some of you guys worked on BGO, do you still  work with them?
can you tell me in which ships you worked on ? of course if that is a secret i understand..anyway you done nice job..
thx !  :) and i almost forgot i have 1 good news for you guys, BGO t becomes almost unplayable,and its  worse and worse almost every they with each update, a lot of them use hacks and they  go unpunished... so very soon you guys will have huge player base wrom BGO! i speak for them, we just wait you to release your game we hope you will do that very soon!  :) :) :)
thx ..i know already its different kind of game, I will not be disappointed i already read a lot of on this forum... but i am positive and the least we can do is hope you will progress with game we can wait.. by the way some of players want to help you with game i told them to check your forum ... :)

/hunch:

bizarro, what's five less than twenty-five?

EDIT: If my hunch is wrong, my apologies.  :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 11:40:57 pm by jr2 »

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Nah, the average BGO player is just that bad at spelling and punctuation. I've had a look on their forum before. If this guy is a spambot, then 99.99% of BGO players are bots.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras