Author Topic: Valkyrie HTL  (Read 9634 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
I didn't actually. ;)

Woomeister assembled it from the bits of the Valkyrie that were mixed into the uglies, which is what I'd intended to do with the uglies all along to build the loki, zeus and valkyrie. So yeah - the HTL Angel is based on the incomplete HTL Valkyrie if that makes sense. :D

Anyway, it's a nice model you have there PL Harpoon. :)
If you do make a HTL Anubis I'd love to see the result.

Oh and in case you haven't been beamed yet:
:welcome:
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

oh yeah, it's gonna be in INFA, right?
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Actually, I also think, that VA`s one is better, but you could also add the empty missile banks, just in case someone (like me :P) wants to use give  "show secondaries"flag.
no.one

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Actually, I also think, that VA`s one is better, but you could also add the empty missile banks, just in case someone (like me :P) wants to use give  "show secondaries"flag.

That doesn't work well for FS2 in most cases because of the fact that the missiles vary in size so much...

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Sadly, Blowfish is right. What looks good with Hornets looks poor with Furies, lousy with Phoenixes and ridiculous with Tsunamis.

Bobboau, though, has proposed a workaround based on spacing the first firepoints widely based on the max capacity of the fattest warhead the ship can carry, then making subsequent firepoints denser and denser so that when you're loading lots of small missiles they're all tightly packed, but with a few large missiles they appear spaced. This doesn't always work either because missile cargo size doesn't correspond directly with the POF size.

Hmm. I just thought of a code opportunity here. See my post in the SCP forum.

BTW, this should be moved.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
BTW, this should be moved.
Uhh, where? FSU?

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Not FSU, because Valkyrie is not in FS2. If it can't be here it should go to FSPort, but I can't really think of any reason why it couldn't stay here.
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Well, I though about that missile problem, and I think it could be solved by making a specific missiles available only for specific missile banks. I tried to do that, but the bad thing is, that only a bombers could use Trebuchets and Stiletto II, and only Myrmidon and Perseus (from fighters) could use swarm missiles. And of course only a few bombers could have in it`s banks something other than bombs and these two missiles above.

BTW, I also noticed, that the Trebuchets are more usefull for destroying capship`s turrets before bombarding it, than for killing the bombers :)
no.one

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
What if you scaled the missile to the smallest fighter, made them the same size in each other ship, and then spaced them out in the other ships accordingly.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

What if you scaled the missile to the smallest fighter, made them the same size in each other ship, and then spaced them out in the other ships accordingly.

Another good idea :)
no.one