Author Topic: F.E.A.R. freezing at the first loading thing  (Read 1063 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
F.E.A.R. freezing at the first loading thing
Whenever I try to make a new game at any difficulty (should that matter), the game will hit the loading screen, load about 1/3 of the way, and stop loading, freezign up, and often times making it so i can't alt tab or ctrl, alt, delete my way out either, forcing me to restart, every time I try.

I have an Athlon 2 Quad core, a 9800 GT, Windows 7 64-bit, 4 gb of ram.

Anyone know what I can do to fix it? My game is basically unplayable at the moment. :<

It is on steam btw.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Re: F.E.A.R. freezing at the first loading thing
I had no trouble with loading, but the game was so slow (fps) under Win7 that it was just as unplayable. Yet when I google FEAR and Windows 7, most people say it works just fine under Win7. So I don't know.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
I've got Windows 7, and last time I played the Steam version of F.E.A.R., it worked just fine. Try a clean install, update your drivers, and check the forums.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've been playing FEAR on win7 for the past few days just fine.  it's the disk version though.  it does force windows themes off and take a fairly long time to exit though.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Davros

@ hades
have you ran the config program ?