Author Topic: Blizzard/Activision merge!  (Read 8540 times)

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Blizzard/Activision merge!
You people do realise that Activision only published Tony Hawk? The games were developed by Neversoft.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Wake me up when they release something worth spending $50.00 for...

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Starcraft II, but only because of modding  :doubt:

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
List of Activision games

Among which are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision#Notable_published_titles

Notable published titles

* Fishing Derby (1980)
    * Skiing (1980)
    * Freeway (1981)
    * Ice Hockey (1981)
    * Kaboom! (1981)
    * Stampede (1981)
    * Barnstorming (1982)
    * Pitfall! (1982)
    * River Raid (1982)
    * Robot Tank (1983)
    * H.E.R.O. (1984)
    * Hacker (1985)
    * MechWarrior 2: 31st Century Combat (1995)
    * The Quake series (with the exception of the first version of Quake)
    * Interstate '76 (1997)
    * Battlezone (1998)
    * Civilization: Call to Power (1999)
    * Tony Hawk's Pro Skater (1999)
    * Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (2002)
    * Spider-Man: The Movie (2002)
    * Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (2003)
    * True Crime: Streets of L.A. (2003)
    * Call of Duty (2003)
    * Doom 3 (2004)
    * Spider-Man 2 (2004)
    * Call of Duty 2 (2005)
    * GUN (2005)
    * The Movies (2005)
    * True Crime: New York City (2005)
    * Guitar Hero series (2005-2007)
    * Spider-Man 3 (2007)
    * Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)

coulda been worse, coulda been ea :D
Madden 2009: Diablo Edition!  This comic here echoes my opinions on EA's signature properties.

Not only that but you can create your own character's appearance, personality and clothing.. Have them get jobs, make friends, fall in love all while fighting the hordes of evil.
That's cool and ....disturbing at the same time o_o  - Vasudan Admiral

"Don't play games with me. You just killed someone I like, that is not a safe place to stand. I'm the Doctor. And you're in the biggest library in the universe. Look me up."

"Quick everyone out of the universe now!"

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Activision has done a lot of good games, perhaps some day will see a finished SC:Ghost or dare I think of a MW5 game made by them and Blizzard? Miracles? :D

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Activision has done a lot of good games, perhaps some day will see a finished SC:Ghost or dare I think of a MW5 game made by them and Blizzard? Miracles? :D

That would be a miracle. Might even be enough to restore my faith in God.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Oh sweet jeebus. Pc gamer check these forums I'll have you know. If they publish any of this i'd wager we're all going to silicon hell. 
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
coulda been worse, coulda been ea :D
Madden 2009: Diablo Edition!  This comic here echoes my opinions on EA's signature properties.

Not only that but you can create your own character's appearance, personality and clothing.. Have them get jobs, make friends, fall in love all while fighting the hordes of evil.

Isn't that called WoW? :p
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Oh man, I just saw this:
Everything is better with monkeys.  Even pie.

That is the best first post I have ever seen.

So what will they call themselves now? Actibliz, or Blizivision?

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i personally think all game publishing companies are evil. look at ea. let it be known that i despise consoles. besides perhaps playing red faction on my brother's ps2 back when it came out, i havent touched a console since the sega saturn. one of the things i hated about console games, was sitting through 5 minutes of forced logos that you couldnt get out of, followed by an equally long load time. your typical pc game usually skips right into the loading phase, if not level loading at least the gui. i own exactly 2 games published by ea, one of which being crysis, the other being battlefield 2. and both have the forced logos. crysis has the publishers logo, the engine logo, i cant remember of the developer had their logo, probibly. an intel logo and a nvidia logo (which makes no sense as i already use intel and nvidia), and then some other logos after that.

NOT ON MY PC GAMES *****!!! IF YOU WANT ME TO NOT PIRATE YOUR GAMES DONT PUT THOSE ****ING LOGOS UP ANY ****ING MORE!!! BECAUSE IF I HAVE TO WATCH YOURE ****ING ADDS I WILL FEEL LIKE I ALREADY PAID FOR IT WITH MY PRECIOUS AND FINITE TIME!!!  :mad:
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

and both have the forced logos. crysis has the publishers logo, the engine logo, i cant remember of the developer had their logo, probibly.

You know you can manually move those video files into another folder and the game won't find them. If you do that, it skips over the intro videos... :nod:

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

Activision Blizzard, just that. Really.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
and both have the forced logos. crysis has the publishers logo, the engine logo, i cant remember of the developer had their logo, probibly.

You know you can manually move those video files into another folder and the game won't find them. If you do that, it skips over the intro videos... :nod:

thats not the point, the point is that they are there. and if i have to take the time to hack them away, then my original point is still valid.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Advertising makes the world go 'round Nuke, even we here at the HLP have  advertisements...

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict

Activision Blizzard, just that. Really.
It's a somewhat terrible name in my opinion. But then again, I don't think I'd want to think of something better.

My first reaction when I heard of the merger was "OMG! WTF? . . . WTF?!" No seriously.  :wtf:
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me

Offline Rictor

• Murdered by Brazilian Psychopath
Being the sole human being on this planet that is not interested in Blizzard games, I find it hard to care about the merger. Aside from the "OMG factor", I don't see anything substantially changing. It's not like we're going to see Call of Duty 5: Azeroth anytime soon.

Anything that fights the EA juggernaut is fine by me.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Advertising makes the world go 'round Nuke, even we here at the HLP have  advertisements...

i was told in school that it was inertia which makes the earth go round. why the hell do you think im so inclined to have the earth nuked. all this spinning makes me dizzy. advertising is a leech mechanism, nothing more. a bloated economy might not be the best thing for the human race. ads make the average person a greedy shell of a human. notice how the assholness of humanity increases as the societies profit. no! the earth must be set ablaze! burn this rock to the mantle, decay its orbit till it falls into the sun, then destroy the sun! :mad:

i dont need ads to tell me what to buy, im fully capable of investigating the market for things i want/need without annoying and stupid ads being blasted into my face almost constantly. its an insult to put an ad into any media which i may choose to buy. no! never surrender to them! advert your sight and plug your ears. let no ad into your mind! :D

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Asuko

• Angel in conflict
Being the sole human being on this planet that is not interested in Blizzard games, I find it hard to care about the merger. Aside from the "OMG factor", I don't see anything substantially changing. It's not like we're going to see Call of Duty 5: Azeroth anytime soon.

Anything that fights the EA juggernaut is fine by me.
I agree with your opinion that it's not really important to you/me. It's just the randomness of hearing it without any pretext that made my reaction.
This sig is equal to -i.

Free Vasudans! Clicky here!!

Care to kill a flame war™?

"Is it just me or are the squirrels getting more and more waterlogged?" - Tyr

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" -Me
"Are you trying to exorcise my Rubik's cube?" -Tyrian

"Life's an adventure*plunge*" -Tyrian
"You call plunging a toilet an adventure?" -Me