Author Topic: Dragon Age: Inquisition  (Read 16161 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition
It's not competitive multi, as has been clear from the very beginning.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
But competetive multiplayer feels like a different game tacked on.

The next time you jump into a thread like this without bothering to read a single damn thing I'm giving you a warning.
"I'm warning you! Next time you do this, I'm going to give you a warning!"
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
It's not competitive multi, as has been clear from the very beginning.

That's good to hear.
BioWare is learning
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Aesaar

Learning what?  ME3 multi wasn't competitive either.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Agree, it was an amazing surprise! Don't care at all how it "interacted" with the "SP" experience.

I assume you never intend to replay the game five years after release, then.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well, it's a good thing they patched out the reliance on the multiplayer when they released the Extended Cut then.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
I've been reading more about this lately - let me know when you start into MP because I'll probably pick it up then.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
Keep us posted about what the unlock/progression is like for multi. ME3 sucked in that regard. I'm wondering if that will change here

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
DAI has very similar system to ME3. You buys chests like you buy packs in ME3. DAI has several additional mechanics like crafting and loot on top of it and you need to craft character armor to unlock that character. Not sure how much crafting plays a role with weapons and other stuff. I posted a link to multi mechanics in the first page.

ME3 multi packs initially contained cards you had already maxed out on. Later patches fixed that and introduced specialized packs for characters, weapons and consumables. Getting all common, uncommon and rare stuff was really easy. The trick was to buy cheapest packs until you had maxed out that tier, then move to next one. This also allowed you to relatively quickly move on to next difficulty and increase rewards.

The people who went for spectre and premium spectre packs without having maxed out earlier tiers had harder time, because their gear wasn't really good enough for gold difficulty and their progression was slower when money was spent on more expensive packs. Again, don't get greedy and aim for the top gear right away.

Offline Patriot

I'm pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned yet, and today feels like a good day to mention it.
You can tailor the DAI experience on www.dragonagekeep.com in terms of history and how (as far as i have seen) the DA2 companions end up after the game's events, Haven't seen anything outlining what companions of DAO have done.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Haven't seen anything outlining what companions of DAO have done.

You can set who is alive, who's dead, that sort of thing. Point is, DA:I is set 10 years after DA:O; the really important parts here are whether Alistair is King, Warden, or dead and what happened to Morrigan and Flemeth. The other companions were either inconsequential to the larger story of Thedas (Oghren, Sten, Shale, Wynne) or had plot developments happen to them off-screen (Leliana) or in DA2 (Zevran).
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
DAI has very similar system to ME3. You buys chests like you buy packs in ME3. DAI has several additional mechanics like crafting and loot on top of it and you need to craft character armor to unlock that character. Not sure how much crafting plays a role with weapons and other stuff. I posted a link to multi mechanics in the first page.

ME3 multi packs initially contained cards you had already maxed out on. Later patches fixed that and introduced specialized packs for characters, weapons and consumables. Getting all common, uncommon and rare stuff was really easy. The trick was to buy cheapest packs until you had maxed out that tier, then move to next one. This also allowed you to relatively quickly move on to next difficulty and increase rewards.

The people who went for spectre and premium spectre packs without having maxed out earlier tiers had harder time, because their gear wasn't really good enough for gold difficulty and their progression was slower when money was spent on more expensive packs. Again, don't get greedy and aim for the top gear right away.

I don't want to derail this discussion, but I didn't like that system. The randomness of what unlocked was frustrating when you wanted to try onetweaking or character. especially when you throw all th consumables in there. It also took an inordinate amount of time to unlock most things under that system when compared to other multi games. It encouraged the microtransactions  too strongly in a 60$ title. And I did follow the the unlock lower tiers first strategy. Apologies for missing the link in the beginning

Offline Luis Dias

Agree, it was an amazing surprise! Don't care at all how it "interacted" with the "SP" experience.

I assume you never intend to replay the game five years after release, then.

You assume correctly, and you can extend that time frame for several multiples of five as well.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
The game is running a lot worse than it should on a Geforce 970, but so far? Pretty damn good game. Not the hugest fan of the combat yet (first char is a mage as always), but there are some non-damage abilities down the tree that look really neat, and the exploration and story stuff are both well done. I love that they're taking the religious elements seriously this time after basically using them as embroidery for the setting the first two games.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Man, whenever I get around to ME3, the  multi will probably be long dead. :(

I think you will be fine untill ME4 comes out at the least. I played it today and had absolutely no problem finding games.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Took a few scenery screenshots.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
My brother bought the game and keeps getting constant crashes, missing half of the in-game textures here and then, and loads of other issues... Maybe his GFX card is not good enough... or Frostbite is a really ****ty engine. :p

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Frostbite is a good engine, as evidenced by Battlefield games. Although it is restricted to EA games and as such developers outside of DICE don't have much experience working with Frostbite. And I can only assume documentation and tools are probably not up to Unreal Engine and CryEngine, since these are public and have vastly more people working with them. That and this is Bioware's first game developed on Frostbite all adds up to potential bugs. I'm sure issues will be ironed out with patches and driver updates. Naturally it'd be real nice if such bugs didn't exist in the first place.

That said, it's been a smooth ride on my end, except for one crash when I selected a party member after they all had disappeared somewhere...

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Game needs a patch. I'm getting random framerate drops and CPU spikes. And my CPU is a high-end AMD processor.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
Game needs a patch. I'm getting random framerate drops and CPU spikes. And my CPU is a high-end AMD processor.
I'm using a Core i7 and a Geforce 970. There's definitely an optimization problem from looking at the Afterburner's GPU Utilization plot.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes