Author Topic: Test something for me?  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Lorric

Test something for me?
I have in addition to my rebalancing project ended up creating a few basic missions of my own. Very basic by the standards of HLP, but a milestone for me, my first functioning missions. However, it's not the missions I need testing, but something else. I took the skyboxes out of their VP file and put them in a folder so I could access them. If someone else tries to play the mission, will the mission fail due to it not being able to find the skybox, or will it find the skybox in the VP file on that person's computer, because you just have to put in the name of the file and it will still put the skybox up. Maybe someone would know this without having to download a mission, but I have 2 attachments. Test 1 is with the skybox, Test 2 is without the skybox. Simply tell me if it plays with the skybox please, and if it doesn't, if it plays without.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:55:46 pm by Lorric »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Re: Test something for me?
It will find the skybox. The need to have them in your folder is a limitation of FRED, not the game itself.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Lorric

Re: Test something for me?
It will find the skybox. The need to have them in your folder is a limitation of FRED, not the game itself.

Excellent. Thanks.