Author Topic: Terror watchlist now estimated to have 750,00+ people  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
Terror watchlist now estimated to have 750,00+ people
http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/07/10/25/0321211.shtml

If anyone seriously believes that the people on this watchlist actually are terrorists, then with that many of them we're in trouble. Of course, it's nice to know that this is all bullocks. :p
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Re: Terror watchlist now estimated to have 750,00+ people
If there are over 750,000 terrorists in the world, I'd imagine there would be multiple terror attacks in multiple places of the world a couple times a week.  The U.S. government is insane.  It says that an average of 548 people a day are added to the list.  If the U.S. has 250 people a day looking at various people and adding them to the list, each would have to look at 2 per day and decide that they were terrorists.  That is insane.  And thats not including people that aren't added to the list.  How can you look at a person's activities and decide that they may be a terrorist for less than a day?  Wow, I hate my country.  Oops, I just got added to the Terrorist Watch List!

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Re: Terror watchlist now estimated to have 750,00+ people
We're all terrorists!