Author Topic: Athena Improved!  (Read 9785 times)

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Though that obviously shouldn't happen with 1.3.6, why are you trying to use it over the autofacet version in the first place? Especially for a hard-angled ship? I've been assuming you were using the autofacet build since I gave you the link in the other thread. :\

Total smoothing on ships with hard angles and flat surfaces looks bad. Faces that are actually flat get shaded as though they are lumps, and small details get totally wiped out. Total smoothing is meant for organic ships; or at least ships made mostly of curves. If you want to add apparent detail, do it with polys rather than smoothing.

Back on the topic of PCS, it does indeed appear that 1.3.6 has a bug in the converter. I tried using it for conversions, and some of my stuff began getting the same stack overflow errors, even though the exact same files will convert without a twitch in the autofacet build.

Considering that some of the 'stuff' includes the TC-Tri (the Triton converts), Aeolus and Lucifer - all of which work without any trouble at all in-game via the autofacet build, I think it's safe to say something broke between then and now.
The odd thing is, both versions apparently use the same 'COB to POF version' - 1.3.4. :\
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Kaine

this still coming?
Any chance of a "pre-release" version with no pilots and non-transparent canopy? I'm not really a fan of the whole pilot thing personally, think it's a waste of polys.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
ERm...this has been done for a long time. It should be avaiable for downlaod on someFS2 modding sites....HM...come to think of it, with Hades-Combine down, maybe it's not up anymore.
If it's no, I'll uploadit is somewhere...sectorgame or freeport114
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Freespacemods.net seems to be the place to go now.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Allrighty then..I'll upload it there.....geez, I got a lot of uploading to do givne that half hte hades-combine as mine :lol:

Mayhaps I should add normal maps to it or something..

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
It's already there.

http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.174

The Athena Mk2, but it's easily modified.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yeah, but I uploaded a newer version (has normal and shine maps).

Just replacing the texture with the stock one should do the trick. Copying and re-naming the normal map should work too.

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
bomber01-01a
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"