Author Topic: Minecraft  (Read 577806 times)

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
My house got broken into and my valuables got stolen. Lesson learned: security is important.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline -Sara-

Finished the mob grinder behind the leaning tower. It is pretty much a mock of the design sandwich found.

Building one in secrecy myself aswell. :P I found a dungeon at the surface of a desert (actually the green dungeon cobble blocks were poking through). It spawns skeletons only (seems up to 5), great for storing arrows.

My house got broken into and my valuables got stolen. Lesson learned: security is important.

And bah, any suspicion who did that? Player-theft is I think a bannable offense about everywhere. If you need materials etc, let me know. I tend to stockpile for the server in case people want to make tools etc. I already hung up some signs near the furnaces as well in hopes of stimulating some community teamwork: it seems someone has, or a few on the server have a gypsy (sorry for stereotyping) attitude. One of "if I happen to find it and nobody asks it back, I jack it". Not a very positive community attitude.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:34:03 am by -Sara- »
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
My Beloved Citizens!

Recent proclamations by that vocarious terrorist known as Blue Flames have rasied some concerns among you. My poeple, you don't need to fear. Your beloved Emperor is always watching over you!

While Blue Flames spreads his foul propaganda, our empire grows, ever larger, ever stronger!

Soon there shall be no place to hide for such rebellious elements! We shall answer their challenge with fire and steel!

No, my beloved populace. Such scoundrels are not watching us...we are watching them...

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:07:38 pm by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline -Sara-

Just prick holes in his domes.  ;7

Or at BlueFlame, pull the bottom brickon TrashMan's towers, just like Jenga. :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 04:23:42 pm by -Sara- »

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

The mad tyrrant shows his true colors, leveling artillery against his peaceful neighbor!  I have done naught but offer luxury accomodations and scenic vistas for those who would indulge in them, and this blatant act of aggression is the response offered!

Ask yourselves this, friends:  Who will be next under Trashman's crosshairs?  Will your constructions be the next threatened for a word that this lunatic finds unappealing?  Will your attempt to view the landscape be blatantly misconstrued in the twisted web of this madman's mind as some kind of threat?

Friends, we must remain resolute in the face of tyrrany, for if we give him so much as an inch, the tyrrant will take a mile.

Offline -Sara-

So far the mad tyrrant doesn't even know the password to the TNT vault. :P

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
There's a TNT vault!? *drools*
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
There's a TNT vault!? *drools*
Yes, I contributed about ten stacks to it. Such power.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline -Sara-

Another 5 here.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
-2 here. :nervous:

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The terrorist speaks again.

Yes my friends, he personally challenged your beloved Emperor, by pulluting the skyline and blocking the Emperors view.
Due to BF's expansion of the rail system, the Emperor abandoned his plans to move his glorious pad into castle Clamidia..
Surely such vile acts are worthy of our righteous response!

And in related news, we wish to formally dispell the rumors that the catastrophic faliure of our Grand Cannon that nearly took the Emeperor's life was a result of mechanical incompetence from our engineeers.
Nay, it was sabotage of the foulest sort - further proof of the depth to which the rebellious element will sink.
Thinking otherwise is not only wrong, it is treasonous.
The Pyschic Corps division of our internal police will be with you shortly to set your mind straight.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
So... you actually built a tnt cannon?

This madman, this sociopath has shown himself willing to build and use a weapon that he clearly does not understand against a peaceful neighbor!  And why has he done so?  Because he claims ownership of the sky!  Because said neighbor improved the land with advanced infrastructure!  Infrastructure, I'll add, that the tyrrant has been happy enough to utilize, having built a station where the rail line passes through his territory.  All of this, and he brands his peaceful neighbor, who has done nothing but act in good-faith, a terrorist.

The naked lies then continue, as he blames a nebulous "saboteur" for the incompetence that caused his weapon to fail!  He even threatens his subjects with further torment for his own failures!

The only way to match such insanity is to support it, and indeed, it would be mad not to oppose it.

Offline -Sara-

For the time being, please take the TNT for demolishing landscape for making space for construction purposes (such as the Fenris), for mining or for similar purposes. For TNT cannons etc, please loot the gunpowder in the grinder and make your own. The TNT ran so low that I had to ask Qaz to up it to supernatural rates again so the demand for TNT could remain sustained.

Offline TrashMan

• Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
The Emperor DOES control the sky..and the water..adn the ver air you breathe heaten!

But even if he did not, you interferring with building plans of others is a henious crime.
Was the railway there when the Emperor begun to build his castle? Yes.
Did the Emperor build his empire on uncontested ground. Yes he did.
Did the Emperor design his castle deliberately so that the railway passes over it? Yes.
Did he, out of generosity to his people, construct a railway station? He did.
Did you not change the railway, adding support and tick collums everywhere, changing the profile? Yes you did. In doing so, the urban planing and the skyline have been significantly changed.
And the Emperor is displeased.

The cannon as built for the sole purpoe of protecting the people of our great nation. You talk of agression, yet your tower still stands. Not a singel shot crosses our borders.

Like all who defy the will of the People and hte Emperor, you spew lies.
But like all you shall fall beneth the might of our armies if you continue on this path.

Repent and ask forgivness. The Emperor is mercifull.

- Luc Iferfull Ofdung, minster of externail affairs

EDIT:
I built the TNT cannon, but that's it. Only test fired it once with my own TNT.
All my TNT use has been for mining.

Offline -Sara-

NEW items now in MC:

Shears (for taking wool from sheep and cutting leaf blocks), attacking sheeps no longer gives wool.
Pistons (to move stuff about).
TNT no longer explodes when punched etc and now only detonates with fire or redstone (so I imagine punching it allows you to pick it up again).
Fences can be stacked, so I imagine that means no more dirt block wall and removing layers to build fences on top of eachother.

edit: except the server cannot be accessed, I guess it's still running 1.6.6 code.
edit 2: Now minecraft won't login at all, probably some maintenance at minecraft.net.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:13:03 am by -Sara- »

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
edit: except the server cannot be accessed, I guess it's still running 1.6.6 code.

Confirmed, I get an "outdated server" error message when I try to login. qazwsx most make an update!
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
They'll probably update the server when bukkit catches up.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Yeah, we're waiting for bukkit, if you see a 1.7 compatible build, just shout at me or rhx on IRC.
Stability might be a problem though, so we probably won't upgrade until a reccomended build is out.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline rhx123

Experimental craftbukkit on the server isnt working, so we'll be on 1.6 until there is a recommended build.