Author Topic: Hosting Policy  (Read 93208 times)

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
The hosting policy applies to anyone who wants to make a campaign and have us host their website here\give them a forum to talk about it.

If you want to make a campaign and not host it here we have no hold on you. Do whatever you like. :) You're certainly more than welcome to simply finish your campaign and then post about it in the Missions & Campaigns forum. In fact seeing as that's less work for us that's positively encouraged. :D
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

ok thanks for clearing that up since im a n00b at this i will eventually need help in chucking up links etc
in the not too distant future  :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
ok thanks for clearing that up since im a n00b at this i will eventually need help in chucking up links etc
Not n00b, newb (n00bs are annoying, newbs aren't) :)

It's up to the project to decide who they want on their team. As far as I'm concerned the only reason the admin should ever interfere is if they feel that a team are giving out positions just cause they want their friends to have an extra badge. Beyond that it's the projects job to decide who is a waste of space and who isn't nor mine.
What I meant by that post was the credibility of the project. I mean if you have 2 requests for 20 mission campaigns, but one of them has a stupid staff of idiots and one who has a better staff makeup, you should probably decline the former one.

Ignore me, because I think I'm making no sense now. :doubt:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
No, I find your comment valid.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
It's up to the project to decide who they want on their team. As far as I'm concerned the only reason the admin should ever interfere is if they feel that a team are giving out positions just cause they want their friends to have an extra badge. Beyond that it's the projects job to decide who is a waste of space and who isn't nor mine.
What I meant by that post was the credibility of the project. I mean if you have 2 requests for 20 mission campaigns, but one of them has a stupid staff of idiots and one who has a better staff makeup, you should probably decline the former one.

Stupid and lazy are subjective. Unless it is unanimously understood community-wide that the lead for the project is a lazy asshole, then it shouldn't be declined, assuming it meets the criteria.

That said, you're basically telling Karajorma to have some common sense.

That not said, you're telling the admins to have good judgment, which they probably do seeing as how the community hasn't died yet and they're still admins.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
...although hosted projects are usually "left where they are" with poor consideration. The only tangible act that underlines the attention is moving a board to the archives.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
All right, I'm going to close this thread.  We all seem to have reached a point of understanding, except for Mobius who apparently just likes to argue for the sake of arguing.

If anybody has a question about hosting that wasn't answered here, feel free to PM one of the admins.