Author Topic: SPORE  (Read 68792 times)

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
The problem with the space age is that it's there to provide a sandbox, not a game. Of course this raises the issue that the game was sold as a game, not an editor...
I know what you mean. I hope that expansion packs come out real quick.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Solatar

On the one hand I really want them to put out a few expansion packs, but on the other (bigger hand) I don't think I should have to shell out $30 or $40 per expansion pack to get something I should have gotten in the first place.

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
On the one hand I really want them to put out a few expansion packs, but on the other (bigger hand) I don't think I should have to shell out $30 or $40 per expansion pack to get something I should have gotten in the first place.

EA is infamous for selling you crap that you already own.

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I have to hand it to you TrashMan, you know how to make a good spaceship.  :)

f'course I do. :D

[attachment deleted by ninja]
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
I'm sorry to say it guys but I'm bored with Spore.

I've finished it once. Played through to the Space stage again and realised it was far too samey. Once you get over the fun of creating your own stuff - and it is fun - it's all far too repetitive. They did a great thing with the game but it's just not diverse enough to make replay fun for me.

Offline Solatar

I must have played it for three days straight...

I haven't touched it in almost a week.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Only played it for a day, which was the day after its release, and haven't touched it since.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Same... but i wont admit it to the people who told me it would get boring fast...
I've played cell and creature stage far more than space, especially how the middle of the universe is so anticlimactic
SCP is the greatest cause of Inferiority Complexes in those that can't run it

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
If I could actually have fleets, I'd play it a lot more often.

Instead, I play until space stage, then go fire up Sins.

Offline Solatar

I kept thinking about getting Sins of a Solar empire. Is it worth it?

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Pretty much. You need to have patience though. For example, my first game took me a week. I just wrapped up my second game after slightly under a month. To be fair, I wasn't playing it frequently, and the system was huge.

But if you choose an appropriately small map, then its quite fun to play, especially sending pirates at your enemy shortly before you attack them. The AI can be somewhat lacking though.

I think I'll pass on spore after all these glowing reviews.
     From the DRM debates I found a game that looks pretty cool, Space Rangers 2. Sounds like Star Control or something like that, pick it up sometime.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Ah hah. SR2. Awesomness, imo.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
     I think I'll pass on spore after all these glowing reviews.
     From the DRM debates I found a game that looks pretty cool, Space Rangers 2. Sounds like Star Control or something like that, pick it up sometime.

It also has StarForce protection.  I'd recommend skipping it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scuddie

• gb2/b/
  • I will never leave.
I was considering "borrowing" a copy (installation) from a friend.  After playing with the creature editor demo, looking at some gameplay footage, and reading some in-depth reviews, I came to the conclusion that the game is a sandbox in cosmetic design only.  There is no diversity at all, which is what I thought the game would be all about. 

When I first saw it, I thought it would be akin to Sim Life (A very awesome game) where the models were created procedurally, but also actually meant something.  However, it's just skeleton manipulation with soft meshes, pre-scripted location actions, and little (if any) diversity on a physical scale.  The ruleset is static, and each creature is identical with every other on a practical view.

Very disappointing.  Not even worth the HDD space.
Bunny stole my signature :(.

Sorry boobies.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
:bump:

Yep i know it's a major Flop, i've not bought it yet. I'm just happy with the five quid Creature maker tool.

Why did i bump this? I was clearing out my old favourites/bookmark list and there was a search for FReespace in the sporapedia..

http://eu.spore.com/sporepedia/index.cfm?userid=&orderby=&itemsperpage=40&search=freespace&submitsearch=Go

There are a couple of FS fans obviously there, anyone wanna own up to who made the SPOrion? :lol:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I downloaded all the FS things several months ago  :p
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
I tried to make an Aeolus look a like. Plus my last two creaturs have been Shivan-esque.

Offline Slime

• Mucous-y
Some more FS stuff I've made:

If you don't recognize this I've either failed or you don't belong in these forums!

Vasudan v2

If you have a Spore account please do rate them, the pictures are links.

A recolour of my shivan for you who like the black & red mix.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I did mention once that the Lucifer is an ant reference... :lol:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?