Author Topic: The Darkest Dawn is Cleared for Launch  (Read 183660 times)

Offline yuezhi

• no u
  • ¿¡you dare defy the commodore‽
Re: The Darkest Dawn is Cleared for Launch
Someone should add an anouncement to the frontpage.  :nod:
and the wiki ;)

here's to ten years!
ϟIn Neo-Terra we Trustϟ
ϟGreat Tin Can Run (Download
☭Gods and Conquerors  - mission design, tech descriptions, sounds; currently 5% Book of Invasions(reserved)☭

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ︻╦╤─   Bob is building an army.
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂          ☻/         This tank & Bob are against Google+
Il███████████████████].       /▌          Copy and Paste this all over
  ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...     / \          Youtube if you are with us!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
Today we are only launching the PC vesion. The Linux and Mac versions will be available soon. We just need to port the launcher to OSX and Linux and run some tests.

noooooooooo.....  :( :( :(

Is there any help you need with getting Linux version ready?? (don't have a Mac so I can't help there)

Anyway, personal disappointment aside, many kudos for sticking with it and releasing the game after 10 years hard work :yes:

(and what the hell, may as well download the PC version and see if wine will give me any joy)
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
BTW, when are you going to release the source code? There were some big changes to FSO in your version and maybe some of them (hopefully all) could be ported to main builds.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Soon.
Wing Commander Saga: A Legend Is Reborn | WingCenter

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Report Wing Commander Saga bugs with Mantis

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Another thing, does WC Saga support Track IR head tracking device ?

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Another thing, does WC Saga support Track IR head tracking device ?

I have no idea, since we do not have the necessary hardware to test it.

Tolwyn’s reputation for risk taking with other people’s lives was considered  to understate the facts. The admiral’s willingness to sacrifice anyone or anything to achieve his objectives had long been lauded in the popular press. He was “the man who got things done”.- Colonel Blair

No errors, no random CTDs, just pure fun and proof of why getting hit with missiles is a bad thing.
-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
It should, if they didn't mess with that code.

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
Just tested, Track IR is supported, just need to grab the scptrackir.dll available with the recent Media VP/3.6.14 RC builds . And place it as usual in the root folder of the game.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Just tested, Track IR is supported, just need to grab the scptrackir.dll available with the recent Media VP/3.6.14 RC builds . And place it as usual in the root folder of the game.

Good to know. Thanks.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Congrats on the launch, I look forward to playing.

First off, congratulations on finishing such an ambitious project.  Although I had never even heard of Wing Commander before joining HLP you certainly have my attention.  The recent trailers could have easily been done by a professional studio.

I do have one question though.  Was the campaign done in both English and German?  The reason I ask is that the fastest mirror I found happened to be a German site ironically.  If I'm downloading a version with only German voice acting I'd rather stop it sooner rather than later.

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
Don't worry, the game is English-only... for now.

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
gamers hell is reporting 5,842 downloads so far
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Don't worry, the game is English-only... for now.

Glad to hear it.  Once again congratulations.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I've been having a blast so far. :D

Offline Tolwyn

• The Admiral
  • Administrator
  • Ridiculously Old Fraud
    • Wing Commander Saga
I've been having a blast so far. :D

Glad to hear it! Thank for reporting back. We need love. ;)

-WC Saga's beta tester

Offline CKid

Is there anyway to change the mouse controls so that it behaves more like standard FS2, cause I can barely hit the corvette in the first mission. I wouldn't stand a chance against the fighters.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
@OP: gameupdates.org (server-seeded torrents, you get ridiculous download speeds from them) would give you a good, reliable, fast way to spread this.  Not sure how you stand on the IP of WCS though... as long as there are no C&Ds and it's all fan-made content, I think you'd be golden.

EDIT: @CKid:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/22/back-in-the-cockpit-wing-commander-saga/  :

Update: Comment-Hero Dominic White points out that you can adjust the deadzone problem from the joystick controls. I hadn’t really looked over there since I wasn’t using one, but a quick tweak there indeed completely fixes that control and makes the mouse floaty and lovely.

Sticky that?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:20:26 pm by jr2 »

Offline CKid

EDIT: @CKid:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/03/22/back-in-the-cockpit-wing-commander-saga/  :

Update: Comment-Hero Dominic White points out that you can adjust the deadzone problem from the joystick controls. I hadn’t really looked over there since I wasn’t using one, but a quick tweak there indeed completely fixes that control and makes the mouse floaty and lovely.

Sticky that?

Thanks, that helped a bit. Still not true FS controls but at least I have a chance to hit something now.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:42:34 pm by CKid »
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
Heard about the release on another board; looks like the gaming media is starting to pick it up.

Congratulations, guys. :)
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.