Author Topic: MW4: Mercenaries/Battletech  (Read 11041 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
MW4: Mercenaries/Battletech
Well, does anyone here play this? Or into to it? Or at the very least heard about it? :P If yes, on who's side are you on? Clanner or Spheroid? :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Re: MW4: Mercenaries/Battletech
MechPacks ftw.

Actually, scratch that. Magic's Unofficial Expansion for MC2 ftw.

I've switched back and forth as things have developed. Was FedCom for a long time, felt rather betrayed at the end of the FC Civil War though. Thought about throwing in with Peter, but ultimately decided for the Nova Cats. I've honestly only played one game of MW4 online. I played MechCommander 2 online for a few months. If you want to find me playing something Battletech-related online now though, it'd have to be MegaMek, and that's sporadic.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Mechcommander 2 is one of the worst battletech games made ever.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Mechcommander 2 is one of the worst battletech games made ever.

Fiend! Heretic! LIAR!

* ngtm1r hugs Magic's Unofficial Expansion.

A Feddie Story

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
The expansion is decent, but the vinilla game was HORRIBLE.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
MechPacks ftw.

Actually, scratch that. Magic's Unofficial Expansion for MC2 ftw.

I've switched back and forth as things have developed. Was FedCom for a long time, felt rather betrayed at the end of the FC Civil War though. Thought about throwing in with Peter, but ultimately decided for the Nova Cats. I've honestly only played one game of MW4 online. I played MechCommander 2 online for a few months. If you want to find me playing something Battletech-related online now though, it'd have to be MegaMek, and that's sporadic.

Betrayed? How?

The expansion is decent, but the vinilla game was HORRIBLE.

The vanilla game is really good actually, the story is one of the best when compared to the likes of Vengeance and Mercs.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Betrayed? How?

To quote from my rant on the subject at DSC:

I fought in the name of Victor Steiner-Davion to restore just rule to the Federated Commonwealth. To restore his rule.
But there is no Federated Commonwealth. Yvonne, at least the partial author of this civil war, once more reigns on New Avalon. Peter Steiner-Davion reigns on Tharkad.
I bled, my friends bled, for Prince Victor. Some of them died for Prince Victor, to see him take back what was rightfully his. He rejected it instead.
We put our trust in him. It has been betrayed.

A Feddie Story

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Victor didnt want to take back the Commonwealth throne, he wanted to oust his sister out of it. I think the fact that he did that was a nice twist to the story, just like what happened to Katherine (now in clan Wolf), if the Federated Commonwealth remained after the war, that would be end for the other houses, eventually they would fall against this super state.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Victor didnt want to take back the Commonwealth throne, he wanted to oust his sister out of it.

Sure. Funny how he forgot to mention it for the first few years. He made his appeal as the Archon-Prince, among other things. People who joined him were "for Victor". Putting Yvonne back on the throne was George Hasek's idea, and it was concieved of very late in the game; the last six months of the war. Peter was probably Morgan Kell's idea, but he too came into play very late.

No, Victor changed his mind. Or had it changed for him.

* ngtm1r waves his FC Civil War field manual around.

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Jumpships and Kearny-Fuchida  drive FTW !!!!!!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I dont think he changed his mind, I've read the FC civil war manual and the novels too, he never says that he wants to get back on the throne, he only says that his objective is to take Katherine out of it.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
I think it's about time for another Clan drive on Terra to roughen' em up a bit.

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I used to play Mercs4 pretty frequently. In fact I was on the beta team for the first two Mektek Mekpaks (look for Suralin in the credits for the first one; about halfway through the second one my compy exploded and I couldn't play for a while).

These days, tho, it doesn't appeal to me as much as it used to. I do play Megamek on occasion (also under my Suralin alias) but I'm only intermittently active.

I have a thing on my HD (and on my USB key) that has detailed info for how I would craft a MW5 -- the plot, mission by mission (Grumium: Jihad vs. FRR-and-you vs. Wolf); the slottage for various mechs; the way multiplayer would work (Good luck trying to boat in league play, when your unit doesn't have infinite weapons and can't repair instantly...); how fighting in melee would work...

...I have this image in my head of an Atlas grabbing the corpse of an Urbanmech and beating a Madcat senseless with it. God, that would be awesome...

But alas, no one has plans to make a Mech5 at the moment...
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Roanoke

I remember Mech4 and mech Commander2 being those games that was worth having if you could get it cheap.

Which I did.

Never did get into modding them, though I always fancied having a look. I especially liked the MechComm Line of Sight feature. Especially if it involved a little scout fella and a troop of (IIRC) Catapults

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
I have a thing on my HD (and on my USB key) that has detailed info for how I would craft a MW5 -- the plot, mission by mission (Grumium: Jihad vs. FRR-and-you vs. Wolf); the slottage for various mechs; the way multiplayer would work (Good luck trying to boat in league play, when your unit doesn't have infinite weapons and can't repair instantly...); how fighting in melee would work...

...I have this image in my head of an Atlas grabbing the corpse of an Urbanmech and beating a Madcat senseless with it. God, that would be awesome...

But alas, no one has plans to make a Mech5 at the moment...

Can I see it? :nervous: Why would the Atlas use the urbie? Use its own hands, its cooler. :P It may be crazy but I swear I already saw that line about the atlas somewhere (on mektek, maybe).

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
What a coincidance, I just reinstalled MW4: Vengeance and started some one on one-ing with my friend. Wicked fun :) But I have another suggestion; Heavy Gear 2. Totally badass mech game.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
A really great game too, too bad the only copy I have is broke, been ages since I last played that. Hey, if you're playing multi in vengeance, how about a match? :)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
An urbanmech can be a dangerous weapon in the hands of a skilled MechWarrior, in much the same way that a spork is a dangerous weapon in the hands of Samuel L. Jackson.
-C

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
It's a pity The_Nice_Guy never finished his fanfiction series. Ever wondered what an Urbie can do when it has somebody with Morgan Kell's disappearing-'Mech ability at the controls? Well now you'll never know. :p

Although if you're really an UrbanMech fan then I suggest you go to DropShipCommand and read ERRATIC_CHEESE's works about the PUB.

A Feddie Story

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I'm personally a Vulture fan, but they nerfed it in the MW4 :( So I pilot the Catapult usually (I despise heavies).